Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,714,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
It shouldn't matter if an African-American lady has light skin or dark skin.
This is funny and sad at the same time.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:37 AM

465 posts, read 928,079 times
Quote:
I stand by what I said gals in DC just need to get laid more often. The world would be a better place if we ALL had more sex.
Isn't HIV pretty widespread in DC in the poorer areas? Also, I read a study that said half of black women have genital herpes. 40% of blacks have genital herpes compared to 13% of whites (condoms aren't perfect against herpes, but they do help a good chunk. Why don't people wrap their junk up? I don't think we need more sex in DC.

Nearly Half of Black Women Have Herpes

Old 03-09-2012, 02:03 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Isn't HIV pretty widespread in DC in the poorer areas? Also, I read a study that said half of black women have genital herpes. 40% of blacks have genital herpes compared to 13% of whites (condoms aren't perfect against herpes, but they do help a good chunk. Why don't people wrap their junk up? I don't think we need more sex in DC.

Nearly Half of Black Women Have Herpes
DC has the highest HIV rate in the country.

One in 32 black women will be diagnosed with HIV within their lifetime.

Lots of people have herpes. I get the occasional cold sore for no reason which is probably a form of herpes. Don't kiss people when you have an outbreak. Don't have oral sex if you have a genital herpes outbreak.

I think like 80% of all sexually active adults have been exposed to herpes. So chances are you've already been with someone who has some form of herpes.

Educate yourself on safe sex BEYOND just putting on a condom.

I did indeed say that we ALL need to have more sex. I'm not taking back what I said. Did I say not to think about one's choices? No. Did I say don't educate yourself on what's out there so one can make informed choices? No. Did I say that unsafe sex is a requirement? No.

So I humbly and respectfully disagree. We do indeed need more sex in DC. Sex is a good thing in case you haven't heard.

Life is too short not to have fun.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
lol
Too funny I just moved from NOLA and find the dating scene awesome.

Also, New Orleans is the last place you'll find people attached to their phones. We prefer actual interpersonal connections, not through technology.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:42 AM

144 posts, read 259,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
That's a good article. Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, the author couldn't be more wrong. DC doesn't have a lot of single women right now, it's an absolute sausage fest at the moment, and it's been like that for 3 years.

But I'll concede it was true at one point in time, around the mid-2000's. (5 years ago.) In recent years, however, women have left DC.

Absolutely correct. Now here's a solid example of when relying on statistics over empirical evidence is not a good thing.

I average about 3 social outings a week and having lived in DC for almost 6 years, I can tell you that after the financial crisis in 07, DC started being flooded with sausage - too much. These days, happy hours and other social events where singles go are about 60-70% guys who fawn over quite unattractive females.

In short, it's good to be a female in DC. I can't talk about NoVA or the MD burbs, however.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:36 AM

144 posts, read 259,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It does change for guys later. I'm married now, but I noticed that my dating pool just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

I really feel that if I were still single, I'd be very actively dating. Women are attracted to guys because of their experiences, and age just makes them more attractive to women.

I'd also make an argument that a very young good-looking guy who is under 24 with a rock solid body, probably has many of the same advantages of a woman with similar characteristics. Most guys aren't like that though, and neither are most women with the perfect body at 18 or 20 or whatever either.

Regardless, for most guys, the dating just keeps getting better and better and easier and easier as they age. For women, it usually just continues to go downhill the older they get.

I'd much rather be the guy for dating. Another reason women struggle with dating later on in life, is that guys just keep getting better and better at 'dating', and less and less interested in commitment because of that.

I wanted to disagree with this but gave it some thought and I think this is actually right. I'm now in my mid 30s and find it easier to approach women and go on dates than I did when I was in my mid 20s...part of it is that now I have a flippant attitude towards women and say brazen things which many women actually find interesting (weird) and the other part is that I'm more confident in myself with salary, etc.

Still, lots of dowdy cattle in this city.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 PM

339 posts, read 836,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasridian View Post

I average about 3 social outings a week and having lived in DC for almost 6 years, I can tell you that after the financial crisis in 07, DC started being flooded with sausage - too much.
Damn. I caught the tail end of those days. What happened?!? I wish soooo many guys didn't start moving here.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 PM

49 posts, read 94,249 times
Awww man!! I wish someone had shown me this post back in the summer of 2011, when I moved back up here!

I was expecting it to be like I remembered when I was in college here. In '04 it was nothing but countless single hot girls all over the place. On any Friday night in any random bar in Clarendon, they'd even come up and tap you on the shoulder, "My friend really wants to meet you." One night I got approached 2 times in a row and all I was doing was standing around with my friends.

I think what happened was, the DC area kept showing up on these lists saying, "The Best Cities for Young, Educated, Single Guys!" And the secret got out. The dudes all just started pouring in.

Now when I go out, I'm always thinking, "Where the hell are the girls?!" It just seems to be couples now and maybe tables with 2-3 girls and 5 dudes.

Not that this place couldn't be worse. I left Richmond to come back here; and if you know anything about that town, not the most fun if you're late twenties, unmarried, and not really *from* there. Yeah, it's cliquey (too) but the cliques are all smaller and there're fewer of them, so you're kinda doubly screwed. That and good luck finding a job.

I'd like to get this thread going again. It seemed to have a good run for a while then it looked like it all just turned into racial bickering.

Why did so many guys start moving here after the financial crisis?

What do you other single guys do to meet girls in DC? How do you deal with this changed demographic?

Move? The job market is **** anywhere else.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 PM

465 posts, read 928,079 times
^Agreed. Too many guys. I mean, I'm thankful most of them are kind of bland looking, but still...just the sheer number changes the whole dynamic of any social situation. So many thirsty dudes and 'meh' girls. 6 central.

6's think they're 8's, the rare 8 think she's a goddess. Unbelievable. I'm lucky enough to run in a few European circles here in DC, but that isn't going to last much longer since they're leaving soon. Can't remember the last time I saw a DC girl with a flat stomache.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:08 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Can't remember the last time I saw a DC girl with a flat stomache.
You don't like muffin tops? It gives you a little something to hold on to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC