Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,214 times

Advertisements

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 PM

339 posts, read 836,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Whats wrong with having a big city attitude. If people are slacking and look like losers I see nothing wrong with calling them out. Its a womans job to LOOK good.
Thank You!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,621,746 times
Ugh. This is why I'm gay....

Old 07-29-2011, 07:12 PM

349 posts, read 990,363 times
^^ I estimate that over 50% of all threads on CityData-Washington, DC are about guys asking where to find women. Out of curiosity I went into the NoVA section and it's the same there. There are a heckuva a lot of lonely hearts on CityData... lonely male hearts, that is. LOL

Old 08-13-2011, 10:48 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
I don't know what the poster of this thread is on, I've lived in the DC area most of my life and everything in that article was true. DC is the rare city where you'll see women dating men better looking than them because its mostly unattractive well educated women who move to the area. The part that says "the city is rapidly exporting cool, attractive people" is incredibly apt, as the best looking women from my high school all left town with a huge number moving to either NYC or Miami. When I lived in North Carolina and Florida, there were loads of gorgeous cool women but in DC a 7 is treated like shes Jessica Alba. That article is a bit harsh but I think all the hate about it is coming from DC women and guys who either lived their whole lives in the DC area or came from some podunk town to DC with no inbetween of living in a regular city.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 PM

207 posts, read 537,460 times
Here is my take on dating period, Dating in this "new millenium" sucks all to HECK and back for people who started dating IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY. Basically both sides have the same complaints. *should shrug*

Old 10-09-2019, 12:01 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,626,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Humorous if not misogynistic and generally stupid article about why DC apparently sucks for guys:

15 Reasons Why Washington DC Sucks For Guys » Roosh V

I don't know wtf that asshat's standards are but I've seen plenty of hot women in DC. Hope it keeps 'sucking' and these types move out. This infection of LA/NYC/Miami-type attitudes needs to be stopped.
Wow, this is an old post I find very entertaining. HA! This guy is very negative on DC. As someone who has lived here for 7 years (moving to Pittsburgh in 2 weeks) here is my take:

1) I find there to be quite a few attractive women in DC but I'm not sure where they go after work or on weekends. When I go out I rarely see groups of women or women by themselves out. From my apartment building it seems most people who live in DC go to work and come home and a lot work from home as well. Their social lives revolve around hanging out with friends (usually co-workers or old friends from college). DC people tend to keep on top of their fitness and eating so I see a lot of fit people. The negative side to the women in DC is their attitudes in my opinion. Most are just on apps looking to get laid without any commitment even though they say they want commitment and that DC guys have it made with such high ratios. This is complete BS. I know plenty of men (myself included) that have tried to establish relationships with women here to no avail. The whole "I'm not emotionally available" is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. If a guy is willing to just have casual sex and treat women to nights out this is a great city. If you're looking for a relationship, its the worst city I've ever lived in. I'm assuming a big part of this is because its such a transient city. People come here for a few years for work and then leave to go back home or to another city for another opportunity. Their mindset isn't settling down. It's to put something on their resume and move on. And that includes dating.

2) Agreed. A lot of the people here are boring, but not all. Government workers, attorneys, non-profit workers, and the like as usually boring and cookie cutter as hell. People in other industries tend to be more fun.

3) I don't think DC is a sausagefest. I just don't see a lot of women out and about which makes it hard to meet women offline.

4) I don't agree. Even women you may feel aren't on the same level as you are on dating apps and will just use you for a piece of *ss.

5) I don't find this at all. I find the more attractive a woman is, they are generally more friendly. It comes down to the own energy and approach you bring to the table.

6) I don't see this at all. I do think the city has gotten younger in the time I have been here. At 41, I feel old in this city which wasn't the case when I first got here. At 34, I felt it was a good fit for me. If I moved here at 34 now I would think I was still too old for the city.

7) I see mixed couples all the time so this is false.

8) I've never seen this. As someone who has lived here for 7 years, I've rarely been sized up on where I went to school, what I do for a living, etc.

9) The city is gentrifying. Yes, people that have lived in DC for years are being pushed out to make way for wealthier residents moving into the city from elsewhere. I don't view that as a negative. Also, the neighborhoods that are gentrifying aren't bringing in a bunch of chains. Most are establishing venues with local business owners who are well established in DC and new people who want to go into business for themselves.. DC has become a foodie city in my time here and will only get better.

10) Adams Morgan has always been a place for younger people to hang out. At least as long as I've known about DC which is about 10 years or so now. Just avoid the neighborhood at night if you're over the age of 30 and don't like loud bars.

11) Who really cares? This is ridiculous.

12) DC is a great city but very expensive. I can't comment on why it's so hard to find a good woman here as it relates to pursuing a relationship. A big part of it has to do with the kind of people DC brings in. Women nowadays are more into themselves (at least in DC) than they are into actually opening up and being interested in a relationship with a man.

13) I think its one of the better transit systems in the country.

14) The summers suck but I like the mild winters.

15) This is probably in the poorer areas of the city. As the city gentrifies, I'm sure this measure will decline.

Old 10-10-2019, 02:42 PM

290 posts, read 633,735 times
It's fun to take a look at some of these old threads that are revived again. The biggest insight I got from that old "15 Reasons Washington DC sucks for guys" screed was just how open misogyny used to be not that long ago. Now of course in multiple platforms online it's as bad as it ever was but this old link reminds me of how tolerated open warfare against women was as recently as this past decade. It's like watching old reruns of "How I Met Your Mother" or "Two and a Half Men" or even "Big Bang Theory" (good video on the "adorkable" misogyny of that show here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3-hOigoxHs). As excessive and obnoxious as the most militant ends of the "Me Too" and SJW movement can sometimes be it's understandable when you see examples like the repulsive entitlement and dehumanization of women in this loser's manifesto. Seriously, did any of these "men" have mothers, sisters, colleagues, friends or any other women in their lives who reached them in any way? Reading that is like reading a different world, a different time and place. I also loved that old 2000s link "Look at my Striped Shirt" (The Phat Phree's "Look At My Striped Shirt!" Available December 26th). Definitely brought back memories of so many of the jokers I saw in my old clubbing days in DC and Arlington in the 90s and 2000s.

I don't know how much we've improved if at all (or regressed even, at least at the presidential level) but at least these attitudes don't seem nearly as openly espoused by Millennials out in public. I hope DC continues to suck for incels like them today.

Old 10-11-2019, 05:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,725,665 times
RLCMA and mikeyo321, please don't revive a thread from more than 8 years ago and start a new thread next time.

Old 10-17-2019, 03:13 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,564,472 times
DC is not NYC or LA. It is a Southern region with ties to the NE. It is much easier for Mid-Western transplants to move in than it is people from the West Coast. Therefore, you will get people from PA, OH, KY, WV, and IN. However, lately with DC's minor IT hiring spree, there are some West Coast transplants filtering in. Perhaps Amazon will accelerate that influx.

As an African American male, I see no shortage of attractive intelligent women. Howard University anyone? Not to mention, the natives who grew up with parents who are high up in government jobs. I don't notice White women too much. But there is no shortage of attractive African American women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: