Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 06:20 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times

Advertisements

Nah DC got the worst drivers..especially when driving in MD. Its like theres too much road and too much open land, yall dont know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 09:54 PM

23 posts, read 26,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Maryland drivers tend to be overly aggressive. It seems like we're always in the rush to get somewhere. Most MD drivers are quick to cut people off, go well over the speed limit and prevent others from getting over in a lane, even when they are in stop and go rush hour traffic.

DC drivers tend to be very reckless. I've driven to DC many times where people will blatantly run red lights and go over double yellow lines just to by pass people. I've also seen DC driver drive out in MD and they will speed across a parking lot like they are on a Nascar circuit with little regard for anyone else on the road. It's as if some of them just really don't care.

VA drivers are just so passive. The type of drivers that will go under the speed limit in the left lane. A lot of them also like to drive slow to a certain point, and when they notice that you are in the lane next to them and you're trying to go pass them, they will start speeding up. VERY VERY IRRITATING!!! Not to mention VA drivers also the nosiest drivers in the country. It doesn't matter if there is an accident, a police pulled over, a dead deer on the shoulder or what, VA drivers will rubberneck and back I-95 up for miles. Most of the time, the back ups on 95 and 66 are caused by this.
This is exactly why I don't drive in the DMV. It actually gives me anxiety. Being from Michigan (a state known for its good drivers), I know bad driving when I see it

Old 05-10-2017, 10:07 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,070,760 times
Lived in Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Allen Park. The notion that MI should be known for its good drivers leaves me dumbfounded. The hot-rodder, lead-foot mentality is everywhere.

As for "bad driving," say what you will, we all take our turns at that.

Last edited by 17thAndK; 05-10-2017 at 10:19 AM..

Old 05-10-2017, 11:07 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,806,228 times
Worse drivers ever

Old 05-10-2017, 09:46 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,737,640 times
Maryland for some reason has some pretty aggressive drivers. Lot's of people seem to be in lousy moods, especially in the morning. Driving on the weekday, everyone seems to pass me, but on the weekend I seem to pass most people on the road. Strange how that happens.

However I think most would agree that the further one gets away from the I-95 corridor, the more tame and relaxed drivers tend to be. Also, blue-collar neighborhoods seem to have less aggressive drivers as well IMO.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:16 AM

857 posts, read 1,200,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post
I have been seeing a lot of this scenario lately:

I am in the left turn only lane. I am yielding to opposing traffic. But wait...some A HOLE to my right decides that he wants to turn left too even though is NOT in a left-turn lane! As I am making my left turn through the intersection, the driver to my right turns left too. I get cut-off and I honk my horn like crazy.

Am I the only one noticing this crazy driving stunt?

Another turning scenario:

I am yielding to pedestrians walking through intersections whether I am making a left or right turn just like any responsible driver. The pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way if the walk-signal is on.

But wait...the JACK OFF behind me honks his horn and demonstrates his lack of patience by going around me and then CUTTING ME off and almost turning pedestrians into roadkill in the process.

Seriously. What is going with DC area drivers????? I have seen way too many near hits of people because of reckless drivers.
id roll down my window and stick my middle finger at them.....most of these drivers esp noVA drivers are nothing but sissies who sit behind a govt desk all day anyway....they aint finna do jack about squat

Old 05-17-2017, 08:18 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
id roll down my window and stick my middle finger at them.....most of these drivers esp noVA drivers are nothing but sissies who sit behind a govt desk all day anyway....they aint finna do jack about squat
Yea there's more accident than ever before also. MD just used to have aggressive drivers but now everybody drives like they have chromosomes missing getting into pseudo traffic jams for no reason. See me I take initiative. If I know 2 lanes will merge into 1, I take up both lanes so the cars behind me follow suit and form one lane after me, in turn speeding up traffic. I know its not smart but I pull up to people all the time and give them the "what are you doing" look all the time.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:49 AM

116 posts, read 114,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Yea there's more accident than ever before also. MD just used to have aggressive drivers but now everybody drives like they have chromosomes missing getting into pseudo traffic jams for no reason. See me I take initiative. If I know 2 lanes will merge into 1, I take up both lanes so the cars behind me follow suit and form one lane after me, in turn speeding up traffic. I know its not smart but I pull up to people all the time and give them the "what are you doing" look all the time.
So, please tell me you understand why a bus would take up both lanes....especially if it's about to turn on to a narrow street or turn into a busy circle....

Old 05-19-2017, 05:52 AM

116 posts, read 114,370 times
Quote:
Cause the majority of these drivers start honking and acting as if a bus and a Prius use the same amount of clearance to make a turn.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:52 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
That doesn't speed up traffic for anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC