U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:26 PM

225 posts, read 264,027 times

Advertisements

I had a date who dragged me to this place, and I was appalled at the line and the prices. I wanted to smack her for falling into the typical DC tourist trap (She's lived here for 20 years!), but it was her money, so hell yeah it tasted good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 PM

33 posts, read 45,865 times
Like a couple of posters, I prefer baked and wired. They have big, moist cupcakes; their cake/frosting combinations are a little strange at times, but still better than Georgetown in my opinion.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM

12 posts, read 10,729 times
are you guys kidding?? I moved from DC to NYC and I'd give my left arm to be able to walk down to GT and get a vanilla squared. dang! now i really want one...

Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,090,967 times
the cupcakes were very good. I do not know how they compare to other cheaper gourmet cupcakes, as that was the only time in my life I've ever had a gourmet cupcake.

The line was part of the experience. It was a nice evening, and we ended up chatting with people on the line.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM

561 posts, read 511,444 times
Being someone who loves loves tourist traps and is always the first one to fall into them, I don't think Georgetown Cupcake is worth the hype. I don't find anything special about their cupcakes.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:19 AM

148 posts, read 109,952 times
I like Georgetown cupcakes, but not the lines, which are now even more ridiculous than ever. I like the carrot cake and the lemon. If you live inside the beltway, you can have them delivered for $10, which is nice for parties.

However, my favorite cupcake place in DC is Hello Cupcake in Dupont. Better than GT cupcake, and hardly any waiting. The Velvet Elvis (banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting) is amazing.

Cakelove has always been disappointing to me, and Red Velvet is meh. The only cupcake from Curbside that is any good is the carrot.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM

89 posts, read 130,680 times
My aunt took me on my recent trip home. We stood outside in the cold, but the line didn't take that long. The cupcakes were a little pricey, and rather small, but the icing alone made them well worth it!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:37 PM

18,717 posts, read 15,435,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
Being someone who loves loves tourist traps and is always the first one to fall into them, I don't think Georgetown Cupcake is worth the hype. I don't find anything special about their cupcakes.
LOL I felt the same way. I sort of got a kick out of the line, but the cupcake itself didn't live up to expectations.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM

1,170 posts, read 953,017 times
You don't see them advertising their cupcakes as healthy, do you? Tons of butter and sugar will make anything tastes good, which is the case with the GTC.

But I like them. They're good and they make it look interesting.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:20 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,090,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
You don't see them advertising their cupcakes as healthy, do you? Tons of butter and sugar will make anything tastes good, which is the case with the GTC.
I'm pretty sure I've had things with lots of butter and sugar that weren't nearly as good as the GTC cupcake I had.

That said, the cupcake I had from Crumbs in Clarendon was just as good, with no line. That makes a grand total of two gourmet cupcakes I've had in my life, so I don't think its going to be a huge health issue. I certainly don't see a lot of obese people in Georgetown or Clarendon, compared to some other places that lack gourmet cupcake shops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC