U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-23-2011, 10:57 AM

9,976 posts, read 8,289,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
LOL. Actually this post is exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for proving my point.

P.S. -I'm not a liberal or a Federal worker.
He probably thinks we're all federal workers and have huge salaries we're trying to justify. Silly. I'm just looking at the bigger picture to see that firing a bunch of people right now in an economy that can't absord them into new jobs (and making highly qualified people suddenly compete against people who really need work in what private sector jobs do exist) is only going to make matters worse.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:51 PM

5,184 posts, read 1,811,507 times
Quote:
LOL. Actually this post is exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for proving my point.

P.S. -I'm not a liberal or a Federal worker.
Yeah, right.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
He probably thinks we're all federal workers and have huge salaries we're trying to justify. Silly. I'm just looking at the bigger picture to see that firing a bunch of people right now in an economy that can't absord them into new jobs (and making highly qualified people suddenly compete against people who really need work in what private sector jobs do exist) is only going to make matters worse.
If they are "highly qualified" then employers would hire them first, right?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:32 PM

4,104 posts, read 1,758,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yeah, right.
Great answer. Plenty of depth. lol.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 PM

9,976 posts, read 8,289,891 times
Quote:
If they are "highly qualified" then employers would hire them first, right?
If there are no jobs, they won't hire them and only force other highly qualified people to not get hired either. Your solutions to the overall unemployment rate fail yet your ideology blocks you from seeing that.

I'm out. I've proven my point, as have the others on here. No need to stay on the merry-go-round.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Great answer. Plenty of depth. lol.
What do you want?

I've stated repeatedly my position that federal workers shouldn't be exempt from the national recession and that America is not dependent on but impeded by a massive federal bureaucracy.

Look...there are people who feel that red tape is the social molasses that keeps America in line and others who feel that fiscal responsibility and the meritocracy should rule.

How many different ways do you want me to make that point? Sheesh!

Old 10-23-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
If there are no jobs, they won't hire them and only force other highly qualified people to not get hired either. Your solutions to the overall unemployment rate fail yet your ideology blocks you from seeing that.

I'm out. I've proven my point, as have the others on here. No need to stay on the merry-go-round.
In a healthy economy jobs are dependent on demand. No demand, no jobs.

Make work programs by the government would put people to work but at the expense of the balance sheet of the U.S. government because the only way the government can afford anything is to take that money away from productive Americans.

Read ANYTHING about Greece on the news and that should be painfully obvious. Why do you and Paul Krugman insist on trying to push America towards the Greek endgame? Is is some sort of desire to hurt the U.S.?

The only way to fix the economy is to let the imbalances re-balance. If the government keeps getting in the way then how can you expect this recession to end?

Peter Schiff on the Dismal Future of the U.S. Economy - YouTube

Old 10-23-2011, 02:57 PM

656 posts, read 131,038 times
Quote:
In a healthy economy jobs are dependent on demand. No demand, no jobs.

Make work programs by the government would put people to work but at the expense of the balance sheet of the U.S. government because the only way the government can afford anything is to take that money away from productive Americans.

Read ANYTHING about Greece on the news and that should be painfully obvious. Why do you and Paul Krugman insist on trying to push America towards the Greek endgame? Is is some sort of desire to hurt the U.S.?

The only way to fix the economy is to let the imbalances re-balance. If the government keeps getting in the way then how can you expect this recession to end?

Peter Schiff on the Dismal Future of the U.S. Economy - YouTube
There's a lot of wisdom in that video.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:04 PM

4,376 posts, read 4,671,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
There's a lot of wisdom in that video.
That's really weird. I never would have known that Lou Reed now spends his spare time interviewing right-wing brokerage firm executives at conventions.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited by JEB77; 10-23-2011 at 03:15 PM..

Old 10-23-2011, 04:11 PM

4,104 posts, read 1,758,504 times
Quote:
What do you want?

I've stated repeatedly my position that federal workers shouldn't be exempt from the national recession and that America is not dependent on but impeded by a massive federal bureaucracy.

Look...there are people who feel that red tape is the social molasses that keeps America in line and others who feel that fiscal responsibility and the meritocracy should rule.

How many different ways do you want me to make that point? Sheesh!
Oy. That was a response to you responding to that fact that I said I wasn't a liberal or a Federal worker. Keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC