U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-06-2012, 03:36 PM

178 posts, read 140,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOrz View Post
Nice work. Great to see the density increase. I would love to see us get to SF or at least Boston levels.

Does H Street have 20,000k plus density? It always strikes me as being much less dense than the Dupont,14th Street neighborhoods. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. It is kind of off by itself. It would be nice to see NOMA connect H Street to the core the way the West End/Foggy ties Georgetown to the core.
Yes, some census blocks in the H Street NE corridor have already attained 20,000k plus residential density. Some others are pretty close.

The map that I've made and attached to this thread is a draft and will be part of a larger citywide map and written anaylsis that I will be finishing up over the next few weeks. I put it here to get feedback and comments first. I'll have a map of what DC high density residential looks like now versus what it should look like in 13 years.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revitalizer View Post
Yes, some census blocks in the H Street NE corridor have already attained 20,000k plus residential density. Some others are pretty close.

The map that I've made and attached to this thread is a draft and will be part of a larger citywide map and written anaylsis that I will be finishing up over the next few weeks. I put it here to get feedback and comments first. I'll have a map of what DC high density residential looks like now versus what it should look like in 13 years.
To get to Boston residential population density, DC would need to have around 775,000 residents. If current population trends hold, DC would be up over 700,000 residents before the end of this decade.

I'd be interested to see how the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments revises its cooperative forecasting for population and households based on the increased population growth in DC as of late. Generally, it looks like DC will be moving a few spaces up on the largest US cities list this decade.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 6,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revitalizer View Post

Looks like it will be interesting work, look forward to your analysis.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOrz View Post
Looks like it will be interesting work, look forward to your analysis.
I should be finished with this project sometime in April and will post to my scribd account: J Otavio Thompson (otavio_dc) on Scribd | Scribd

Until then, you may find some of my other DC writings interesting. Check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC