Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 AM

48 posts, read 107,563 times

Advertisements

If by classy you mean bougie and stuck up, then I'd suggest Club Love and anything close to U street and Howard University.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 02:35 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,707 times
Love is not Bourgeoisie, any club that lets 18 year olds in is far from the term.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM

504 posts, read 1,579,268 times
Jin and Marvin are good spots. You can also try Indulj on U street. If you want classy you could always go to Chuck and Billy's on Georgia Ave. (Pardon my Sarcasm) lol

Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM

229 posts, read 515,120 times
Classy is a nice way to describe a sucker who's willing to shell out cash to provide expensive drinks for a stranger. A can of soda or some filtered water is all I'm paying for.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
How would you define "classy, professional D.C. black ladies and gentlemen"?

How would they differ from "classy, professional D.C. white ladies and gentlemen"?

Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
How would you define "classy, professional D.C. black ladies and gentlemen"?

How would they differ from "classy, professional D.C. white ladies and gentlemen"?

Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
You never hear about these upper-class African-American societies in the mainstream media (except the Huxtables and Eve's Bayou).

Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Depends on your level of bourgieness...

I would not recommend HH @ Park. Unless, that is, you have a thing for 49-year old divorcees and college seniors.

Marvin on Monday night is probably your best bet. It should be poppin' in a few weeks when the weather warms up. You'll also find a lot of young professional blacks at Smith Commons on H Street. That bar is black-owned, I believe.

Ben's Next Door is cool if you like old head Kappas who drive big Benzes while talking on their bluetoothes. It's also cool if you're into dudes who still wear athletic gear in their early 30s. Same goes for Lucky Strike.

Jazz @ the Sculpture Garden always draws a nice crowd. So does Africa Underground.

Coco Sala is a more integrated club, but integrated clubs are generally where you'll find the classiest black people.
What's exactly wrong about wearing athletic gear in your early 30s? I don't like dressing up all the time. I like to rock some jeans and clean white sneaks.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Then again, if you're still saying "Grown and Sexy," Park may be right up your alley.

"WHAT'S UP DMV...IT'S YOUR BOY, IT'S YOUR BOY RIGHT HERE KEEPIN' IT TRILL ON WPGC 95.5. IT'S GOING DOWN THIS WEEKEND AT THE PARK WITH BIG TIGGA!!! ALL LADIES ARE FREE B4 11, I REPEAT, ALL LADIES ARE FREE B411!!! LADIES, IDRIS ELBA AND CHAD OCHOCINCO WILL BE IN THE BUILDING TONIGHT!!! THIS IS ONLY FOR THE GROWN AND SEXY!!! COMPLIMENTARY ADMISSION WITH BOTTLE SERVICE!!! 18 TO CHILL 21 TO SPILL!!! "
I guess technically one is grown at 18 but I find this ad comical.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
The Park during happy hour for sure. The first floor stays professional later on into the night (but not too late though). Tuscana West on a Saturday is good for the partying type. Jin on U street is grown and sexy but not too bourgie and not very big. In DC there are alot of spots. I know spots pop up everywhere (there used to be one in the Hilton in Tysons) so just network with YBPs.
I think we need to define what is "professional". Now don't get me wrong the scenes in the clip Bajan posted look like folks having a good time.

I guess they don't look like some thugs on a corner but professionalism doesn't come to mind when I see the clip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: