I would like to thank all of you who are trying to help newer to DC.
I am a 32 white male (married) expecting a baby soon
. I got a job offer at Howard University (zip code 20059) as a researcher. The offer is around 45K before tax.
. I live now in Norfolk, VA. I'll start the new job early July. Below are my information and preferences.
1. I am looking for 1BR Apt around 700 sq ft. Willing to pay not more than $1300
2. I have my own car which I will be using to commute.
3. I am looking for a decent apartment in a safe neighborhood not farther than 15 miles (MD should be okay) from Howard University (closer is better) with a reasonable traffic time.
4. I don't care about nightlife. we prefer to be close to some chopping centers (malls, wal-mart,....). we don'y eat a lot in resturants. my wife loves to cook for us
5. I don't care to be around metro since I will be using my own car (is that possible?)
Honestly, I have read a lot of threads but got lost
I love to get names of apartment complexes to check out.
So guys, your time to reply is highly appreciated.
feel free to ask me any Question.