Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
That's just the way you and your friend think. I don't necessarily see it that way, but to each his own. I'm married and I limit myself. I know that there are attractive women around but I'm committed to my wife, so I'm not going to allow myself to fantasize about someone who isn't her. Are there times when you wish your wife would look more attractive? Sure, when you are married you see your wife on her good and bad days, but to get to the point of fantasizing, it sounds like perhaps your friend is unhappy with his marriage. Just my opinion.
Oh come on there's nothing wrong with fantasizing about whatever. As long as you don't act on it. To me sex and relationship are two seperate things. We're men we're supposed to be good at compartmentalizing right? Fantasizing about someone else doesn't mean that one is unhappy. On the other end of the spectrum one can be with the same person and not get tired as long as the couple works to keep things interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
it's not called chocolate city for nothing.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Oh come on there's nothing wrong with fantasizing about whatever. As long as you don't act on it. To me sex and relationship are two seperate things. We're men we're supposed to be good at compartmentalizing right? Fantasizing about someone else doesn't mean that one is unhappy. On the other end of the spectrum one can be with the same person and not get tired as long as the couple works to keep things interesting.
There is something wrong with it, because just like anything that goes to far, it starts off innocent. Marriage just gives you a different mentality. If you are single, you won't think the same when you're married. There are things that you generally won't allow, that is if you want to stay married.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
There is something wrong with it, because just like anything that goes to far, it starts off innocent. Marriage just gives you a different mentality. If you are single, you won't think the same when you're married. There are things that you generally won't allow, that is if you want to stay married.
Hmmmm. We may have to agree to disagree on that one. Your scenario of not being allowed to have fantasies makes me sad. A fantasy is totally okay as long as you're not acting on said fantasy. Also sharing said fantasy might help it come true in a safe-for-marriage environment. Marriage shouldn't be about closing the book on things it should be about sharing the book and reading it together.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:27 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Good article that tells it like it is for men in DC although some of the entries are obvious jokes
15 Reasons Why Washington DC Sucks For Guys

The most damning and true thing said in this article: There aren’t enough cute white girls for white men who don’t want to date minorities.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 AM

465 posts, read 928,079 times
Quote:
The most damning and true thing said in this article: There aren’t enough cute white girls for white men who don’t want to date minorities.
Or he could have just said there aren't enough cute white girls, period. I can't bring myself to be attracted to 98% of black women. I think it's the nose/hair/attitude.

PS: Awesome link and basically completely true.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Or he could have just said there aren't enough cute white girls, period. I can't bring myself to be attracted to 98% of black women. I think it's the nose/hair/attitude.

PS: Awesome link and basically completely true.
You do realize that all black women aren't the same right?

Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Hmmmm. We may have to agree to disagree on that one. Your scenario of not being allowed to have fantasies makes me sad. A fantasy is totally okay as long as you're not acting on said fantasy. Also sharing said fantasy might help it come true in a safe-for-marriage environment. Marriage shouldn't be about closing the book on things it should be about sharing the book and reading it together.
Are you married?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Good article that tells it like it is for men in DC although some of the entries are obvious jokes
15 Reasons Why Washington DC Sucks For Guys

My eyes rolled so far back into my head. The DC area has over a million black people and the 4th largest black population in the country. As mentioned they don't call it Chocolate City for nothing. Move to Utah or North Dakota and call it a day already.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Are you married?
No. That doesn't invalidate my opinion. I have an idea of what MY marriage will be like. Fantasies are good things. If you don't want to fantasize and that works for your marriage then that's great. However, you can't paint things with one broad stroke. What works for you doesn't work for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: