Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 PM

585 posts, read 2,014,370 times

Advertisements

OK, just so no one thinks I'm all bent on making east of the river look like paradise, here's one for you all: Death of Pregnant Stabbing Victim's Baby In Southeast DC Ruled Homicide | wusa9.com

NOW, here's what really weird... the official MPD press release states there were no signs of forced entry. Well as a resident of lovely Washington Highlands, let me assure you none of us leave our homes unsecure at any time of day, least of all at 2 in the morning. According to the Washington Times, the mother lived with her 3 other children and boyfriend who was NOT in the home at the time (WTF was he doing out at 2 in the morning on a Thursday?!). She was apparently sleeping with her 1 year old on the couch when the attacker magically appeared in her apartment which requires a key code to get in the building (like any other apartment building down here). Other reports say she was sitting on the couch. Here's another report: Medical Examiner rules homicide in death of baby delivered after mother was stabbed | WJLA.com

She lived on the third floor. Part of the reason why I feel so safe in my hood is because I don't live on the first floor! But the only person who has my gate code is my boyfriend and even he doesn't have a key to my actual apartment.

Honestly this doesn't make me feel any less safe, there's obviously something weird going on. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM

1,738 posts, read 767,678 times
This is SO sad. How terribly scary. I tried looking up to see if anyone was arrested but wasn't able to find out anything. Do you know, was anyone caught? For someone to stab her in the stomach with her having a baby it sounds personnel, like she knew them or the the person that put the stabber up to it. I could be wrong, but it just sounds weird. You would think, you have to have a key, 3rd floor and they stabbed her stomach...something just sounds off. I hope they catch who ever it was. So sad.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:40 PM

She survived, they haven't caught anyone. According to some reports, she claims she just saw some hooded dude appear in her apartment and start stabbing her.

Like I said, as a resident of Washington Highlands myself, that just sounds terribly fishy.

From WJLA: Medical Examiner rules homicide in death of baby delivered after mother was stabbed | WJLA.com

Quote:
Neighbors in the Southeast apartment complex where the victim was stabbed tell ABC7 news they awoke to screams around 2:30 Thursday morning. When they opened their doors, they say an eight month pregnant woman was yelling call 911, crying she had just been stabbed in the stomach.
Police sources say the woman told detectives she was sleeping when she woke up to a man standing above her, he stabbed her and left the apartment. Sources added the woman said she did not know the man.

Neighbors who spoke with the pregnant woman right after the stabbing said she was sleeping on the sofa when it happened.
To say "people are scared" is a bit bizarre... I do not feel worried that some hooded guy is going to show up in my condo and start stabbing me if you know what I'm saying.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 PM

837 posts, read 1,797,956 times
This case will be solved methinks...Police always withhold details in murder investigations so who knows what else is here but a 3rd floor attack with no forced entry and stabbing while asleep is personal. Locked nature of community narrows list substantially; neighbors seem willing to talk. There's something missing in this story - drugs perhaps - but I suspect this one will go from red to black soon. Feels like a dunker.

Last edited by chicagotodc; 04-18-2012 at 08:58 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 PM

I'd love to see where the boyfriend is now. This happened a few weeks ago.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times
Well in terms of a secure gate, he could have tailgated behind somebody entering the building.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 PM

at 2 in the morning? I don't leave the door open for someone I don't know, if they are behind me and coming in, they have the code. I'm not the only one over here who does that.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times
eh, some folks are dumb/absent minded... dunno. it does seem odd. whatever the case, i hope they catch this dude.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 PM

1,738 posts, read 767,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabunnies View Post
I'd love to see where the boyfriend is now. This happened a few weeks ago.
Yeah, that is there first thing I thought of..where is the daddy of the baby. I didn't realize at the beginning they were still together. Honestly, my first thought was he doesn't want the baby or the girl he is with now is jealous and doesn't want the baby. But hearing that they have 2? 3? others then my first thought might not be it. Just sounds VERY odd. I wouldn't think someone would would up to the 3rd floor and stab someone in the stomach and it not be personnel. Has the lady been interviewed on TV or anything? There has to be more to this that what we are hearing. I am sure they are keeping some key evidence hidden. I agree they should, so that when they do make an arrest it can stick and not get thrown out or something. (trying to think about all the law and order type shows I watch - as to what could happen if not "by the book".)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC