U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,736 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

hi we are a young married couple. i work in herndon and husband in gaithersburg. we are currently staying in gaithersburg but want to move somewhere else to reduce my commute time..
i really want to stay in dc but dont know which areas and is it even worth to commute from dc to herndon and dc to gaithersburg?
if not what are some other good areas? arlington? mclean?
we are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment preferably.
any suggestions on the areas?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
7,213 posts, read 7,337,881 times
Reputation: 2967
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesap View Post
i really want to stay in dc but dont know which areas and is it even worth to commute from dc to herndon and dc to gaithersburg?
if not what are some other good areas? arlington? mclean?
we are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment preferably.
any suggestions on the areas?
It depends on your budget. Maybe you can afford a safe place in DC. If not, try Arlington, Falls Church or McLean. However, McLean is probably the most expensive.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,736 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
It depends on your budget. Maybe you can afford a safe place in DC. If not, try Arlington, Falls Church or McLean. However, McLean is probably the most expensive.
thanks for your reply. if i can know the approx range of the apartments in this area that would be great..
we dont have a budget as such because we are open to 1 or 2 bedrooms and depending on which area they are in it can go up or down..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
7,213 posts, read 7,337,881 times
Reputation: 2967
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesap View Post
thanks for your reply. if i can know the approx range of the apartments in this area that would be great..
we dont have a budget as such because we are open to 1 or 2 bedrooms and depending on which area they are in it can go up or down..
I just used Hotpads.com and in Virginia, a 2-bedroom in Falls Church starts at 1565 and goes up from there. DC places start at 1800 for a 1 BR in a decent area. I suggest the North Georgetown or Tenley Park areas in DC. I suggest along the Route 66 corridor in Virginia, eg Courthouse, Ballston, West Falls Church areas.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Springfield VA
4,033 posts, read 5,248,794 times
Reputation: 1421
I'm going to second north Arlington and McLean.

I don't know if this helps but just drove from Herndon to Rockville last week during rush hour (never again!) and that took a little over 90 minutes to drive and years off my life. Avoid the Beltway (i-495) on the Virginia side at all cost.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top