Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM

Location: YOU are NOT a Washingtonian. YOU are a GENTRIFIER from the CVS, Whole Foods, Starbucks & Condos era.
367 posts, read 642,104 times

Advertisements

Will gentrifiers & recent arrivals try to include themselves in the upcoming Chuck Brown memorial services & related events or will they mostly stay away?

People are entitled to go wherever they want but I can almost imagine a scenario where many gentrifiers and recent arrivals will try to include themselves in the memorial services and related events just so they can prove to themselves and others how DC they really are.

The posting of memorial service pictures on their blogs and Facebook pages (if not sincere) in order to draw attention to themselves is foul and disrespectful.

If they are not sincere and try to use this event to prove how DC they are... I guarantee you this is not the time or the place for that.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:59 PM

939 posts, read 1,892,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLETS View Post
Will gentrifiers & recent arrivals try to include themselves in the upcoming Chuck Brown memorial services & related events or will they mostly stay away?

People are entitled to go wherever they want but I can almost imagine a scenario where many gentrifiers and recent arrivals will try to include themselves in the memorial services and related events just so they can prove to themselves and others how DC they really are.

The posting of memorial service pictures on their blogs and Facebook pages (if not sincere) in order to draw attention to themselves is foul and disrespectful.

If they are not sincere and try to use this event to prove how DC they are... I guarantee you this is not the time or the place for that.
Who?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:10 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,287 times
Cities change...DC changed. The sooner you get over this and stop harboring massive resentment towards random people, the better you'll be. Like yah!

Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM

Location: YOU are NOT a Washingtonian. YOU are a GENTRIFIER from the CVS, Whole Foods, Starbucks & Condos era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
Who?
Snowball fighters.
Shopping cart racers.
No pants on the subway attention seekers.
Self proclaimed "urban pioneers"
Those who claim DC but just moved here 5-10 years ago.

People like that.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Snowball fighters.
Shopping cart racers.
No pants on the subway attention seekers.
Self proclaimed "urban pioneers"
Those who claim DC but just moved here 5-10 years ago.

People like that.

No, I meant, who is that died? Never heard of the fellow. Was his music popular in the Maryland suburbs?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,219,968 times
they'll show up...but you'll probably have to build a bike lane for them or provide free cupcakes...lol

Old 05-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
Cities change...DC changed. The sooner you get over this and stop harboring massive resentment towards random people, the better you'll be. Like yah!
What are you getting at?
What does this have to do with anything I said?
If you are a fan from Iowa who is white then go.
If you are a black from DC who is not a fan then dont go.

Simple as that.

But we all know there are people out there with ulterior motives for just about everything.

"Like Yah!"
"I like went to the Chuck Brown service Yah even though I like, like, like, cannot name 1 of his songs but I still went."
"Like Yah! I was there. Yah!"
"I am about to upload the pics to my urban blog. Like Yah!"

Old 05-21-2012, 04:26 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,308 times
I think those who do go will do so because they respected the man, enjoyed his music, and just want to pay respects

Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
What are you getting at?
What does this have to do with anything I said?
If you are a fan from Iowa who is white then go.
If you are a black from DC who is not a fan then dont go.

Simple as that.

But we all know there are people out there with ulterior motives for just about everything.

"Like Yah!"
"I like went to the Chuck Brown service Yah even though I like, like, like, cannot name 1 of his songs but I still went."
"Like Yah! I was there. Yah!"
"I am about to upload the pics to my urban blog. Like Yah!"
I didn't realize Section 8 came with free internet. You should be grateful!

Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
I didn't realize Section 8 came with free internet. You should be grateful!
Section 8?
Is that all you got?
Has it ever occurred to you that I just might be part of the very same demographic I despise?
The only exception in my case being I was born and raised in DC.

I was already online with internet access over 20 years ago.
Owned my first laptop in the mid 1980s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: