Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,239,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadyitc View Post
Oh okay. I was under the impression that if you and the other person both had cuts the virus could transfer. I do feel safer now lol. Thanks!
You'd have to get cut at almost the same time, then your cut and his cut would have to touch almost immediately. That's unlikely. It's just a smart idea not to get someone's blood on you because of other diseases. I've never heard of someone getting HIV from fighting. Non-sexual HIV usually comes from sharing needles which happens a LOT in DC. By law they can't refuse sale of clean needles. But that's another story for another day.

Everyone is so afraid of HIV but I'm more concerned about syphyllis and gonorhea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 03:26 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
So many? That's your opinion. I"m not sure I agree that there are "so many". Just a handful in DC it seems. In my experiences there's way more transexuals in the deep south than here. Which you'd think it'd be the opposite. Since in Georgia one wouldn't even have a chance to touch a cubicle let alone work in one.
Heh, I know what you mean. Atlanta is LOADED with TS folks. I used to work at the Fox Theatre and I'd be leaving work and see them acting out and being all stereotypically overdramatic on Spring St. I think so much of the south is so repressive that these sort of folks lose they minds when they escape to the big city and really go overboard. The NE is a bit more tolerant but DC is also a bit more conservative than Atlanta in how people behave, if not politically. It seems like the only eccentrics I've seen in DC are the mentally ill homeless folks.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:26 PM

585 posts, read 2,014,370 times
Intriguing but I come from San Francisco where there are material amounts of trannies running around, not just the handful you may or may not see here (I haven't seen any as far as I know and my radar is pretty good).

Is it really that big of an issue here?

Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,881,798 times
Met 1, not really on K st however. Doesn't really bother me to say the least, I don't really care either.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 PM

48 posts, read 87,205 times
Let me say this. I don't "care" about the transsexuals because they are transsexuals. A person's choice and yadda yadda...

I care about the transsexuals on K Street because they are criminal transsexuals in the area for the purpose of prostitution and known to commit stabbings, property crimes etc. I'm a man but it can be a scary scene for women in the area.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadyitc View Post
Let me say this. I don't "care" about the transsexuals because they are transsexuals. A person's choice and yadda yadda...

I care about the transsexuals on K Street because they are criminal transsexuals in the area for the purpose of prostitution and known to commit stabbings, property crimes etc. I'm a man but it can be a scary scene for women in the area.
I see to an extent. I for one think that prostitution should be legal. There would be fewer problems. Making it illegal just creates an atmosphere for robbings and such.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 AM

687 posts, read 1,376,556 times
Actually it's really easy to get HIV from fighting. Clearly you've never been in a real fight. If you are punching someone in the face it's a guarantee that your hands and knuckles will get cut up and scratched and mix with the blood from the person you are hitting. I remember a well publicized story about a skinhead thug who enjoyed attacking gay men. The skinhead ended up dying from AIDS from all the blood he got on himself while fighting.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
Actually it's really easy to get HIV from fighting. Clearly you've never been in a real fight. If you are punching someone in the face it's a guarantee that your hands and knuckles will get cut up and scratched and mix with the blood from the person you are hitting. I remember a well publicized story about a skinhead thug who enjoyed attacking gay men. The skinhead ended up dying from AIDS from all the blood he got on himself while fighting.
A real fight? No I'm short and thin. People of my ilk get knocked unconscious there's no actual fighting. Kids in Somalia keep sending me food. I told them to cut it out but they wont' listen. Joke. I mean from my understanding once blood is airborne the HIV virus dies once it hits oxygen. So I'm not necessarily disagreeing it's just that is the complete opposite of what I've heard.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:15 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,212,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabunnies View Post
Intriguing but I come from San Francisco where there are material amounts of trannies running around, not just the handful you may or may not see here (I haven't seen any as far as I know and my radar is pretty good).

Is it really that big of an issue here?
Hit up North Capitol and K St and you will see a ton. At night I see 10-20 walking around. There's more on the Eastern border of the city too. Eastern Ave specifically.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 PM

11 posts, read 17,052 times
Because DC is is filled with politicians and generally speaking they have a good track record for being attracted to abnormal sexual behaviors and life styles behind the scene. What better way to make good use of our tax money in DC? Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: