Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnice View Post
Why do men take them for granted? Because with all of that education they are boring and don't bring anything to the table. I keep wondering how smart people can be so dumb. Like Kanye said, when you are broke, tired, and poor atleast you still have your degrees to keep you warm (I.e. there is more to relationships than work and money).

Work on yourself and the rest will follow.

i guess because prince charming is pimp charming
most of the time....................basically. the ladies
are just too naiive to know it and just wind up
lonely, bitter women with children but no man in
their lives. it's really pitiful for them and us tho,
because many of us guys wind up the same way
(no american dream).

Old 08-29-2012, 09:30 AM

144 posts, read 259,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_in_dc View Post
If I may add my commentary as an over 40 (over the hill) single woman in DC, I moved here for work. I agree I am over educated, and I never said I was a model. I Often down play what little attractiveness I have to avoid sexualizing my appearance in the workplace. I walk for my commute, so I dress not for success but for comfort. Women deal with street harassment in DC, and it's not flattering but exhausting. A lot of young women have to work with older over the hill men, and they probably get hit on at work all the time. So, they just want to go home, no smiles on their faces for any men and no energy for a bar scene.

A lot of guys are happy to meet women who don't wear a lot of make up and jewelry or get all dolled up, that way they get to know the real person. Most women look completely different without make up.

I suggest you give the women you are meeting a bit more of a chance than just rating them from 1 to 10 for their looks. First impressions are important. And what is considered fat in DC? Most of the young women I see are very thin from all the walking for the commute.

And if you checkout some speed dating events, they always need more men. I tend to have better luck meeting men through friends so I avoid singles events or online dating.

And another bit of advice for the guys, it really is your responsibility to plan the date. It's not about how much money you spend, but how much thought and effort you put into the date.

Good luck!
Well said. But at the same time, you prove our point. Women in NYC get hollered at as well and I have a feeling that people in general do as much walking there as in DC, yet women are fashionably dressed and care about their looks, whereas in DC - as you insinuated - they're just dressed for comfort and have basically "given up" (my words, not yours).

You know, I was at two singles events yesterday - same thing - too much sausage and not enough (attractive) women, but same story, they were being surrounded by guys (mostly the hangerons)...most of them had "arm pudge" or a slight gut and most of them were in their late 20s/early 30s...just shameful.

If most guys are like me - and I think they are - we generally look at a woman and think one of two things: a) what does she look like naked and b) what will she look like 10 years from now (if you're into more long-term thing, which I think many guys are in DC).

In this vein, I wish women here would dress a bit better and mind their body a lot more.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:26 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,533,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasridian View Post
Well said. But at the same time, you prove our point. Women in NYC get hollered at as well and I have a feeling that people in general do as much walking there as in DC, yet women are fashionably dressed and care about their looks, whereas in DC - as you insinuated - they're just dressed for comfort and have basically "given up" (my words, not yours).

You know, I was at two singles events yesterday - same thing - too much sausage and not enough (attractive) women, but same story, they were being surrounded by guys (mostly the hangerons)...most of them had "arm pudge" or a slight gut and most of them were in their late 20s/early 30s...just shameful.

If most guys are like me - and I think they are - we generally look at a woman and think one of two things: a) what does she look like naked and b) what will she look like 10 years from now (if you're into more long-term thing, which I think many guys are in DC).

In this vein, I wish women here would dress a bit better and mind their body a lot more.
This city is known as the Hollywood for ugly people and it deserves its reputation.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 PM

513 posts, read 961,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_in_dc View Post
A lot of guys are happy to meet women who don't wear a lot of make up and jewelry or get all dolled up, that way they get to know the real person. Most women look completely different without make up.

Good luck!

I do not want to meet a woman who is not wearing makeup, looks tired/worn out, hair messed up, unbathed.

There is word for the type of man you are describing: INCARCERATED

Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasridian View Post

what is arm pudge? post a pic for reference. I have a feeling you aren't talking about 250 lb wales so I don't know what exactly you mean

Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,292 times
I dont kno,maybe my opinion doesnt count for sh1t cuz I dont live there, but I saw soo many diverse, good lookin and well dressed women in downtown dc,cant be all tourists
U fellas think this is a sausage fest, u havent been to places like seattle
Sooo many good lookin black women btw like hell yea

Old 08-29-2012, 12:42 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,292 times
I dont kno,maybe my opinion doesnt count for sh1t cuz I dont live there, but I saw soo many diverse, good lookin and well dressed women in downtown dc,cant be all tourists
Sooo many good lookin black women in dc btw like hell yea

Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Sooo many good lookin black women btw like hell yea
It's what makes all these 'sausage fest' accounts so funny when you read them. If you got your picture from this forum instead of experiencing it yourself outside, you'd swear theres whales on every corner in DC with pork rinds in one hand and political books in the other.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM

513 posts, read 961,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
what is arm pudge? post a pic for reference. I have a feeling you aren't talking about 250 lb wales so I don't know what exactly you mean
Pudge. The roll on womens stomach that sticks out. Looks like a rolling hill. Can be found on most women in sports bar, buffets, etc.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:43 PM

144 posts, read 259,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanexec View Post
Pudge. The roll on womens stomach that sticks out. Looks like a rolling hill. Can be found on most women in sports bar, buffets, etc.
Exactly. Basically I look at the upper arm where flab accumulates and the "pouch" (aka belly flab)...not on all girls of course, but many in DC seem to have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC