Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM

3,982 posts, read 6,699,844 times

Advertisements

Was just reading a thread about DC gentrification when images from this movie popped into my head. It looks like the interior of the house in DC was actually filmed in Pasadena, CA but I think most, if not all, of the street scenes were filmed in the district.

I was wondering if the area around the house, which looked pretty rough, has seen a lot of changes? The area around the basketball courts and the corner store when he meets the "nice" young people?

Anyway great movie. A must if you like Peter Sellers or dark comedy.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,512,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
Was just reading a thread about DC gentrification when images from this movie popped into my head. It looks like the interior of the house in DC was actually filmed in Pasadena, CA but I think most, if not all, of the street scenes were filmed in the district.

I was wondering if the area around the house, which looked pretty rough, has seen a lot of changes? The area around the basketball courts and the corner store when he meets the "nice" young people?

Anyway great movie. A must if you like Peter Sellers or dark comedy.
Good post. I remember watching that movie when I was going through a Peter Sellers phase and being shocked when I realized he was walking in DC("Also Spach Zathrustra" scene). I can't remember the scene set up but it wasn't immediately obvious(or maybe I missed something in the plot) that he was walking in DC and I wasn't all that familiar with DC anyway when I watched the film. There was a pan or a zoom out where you could see the Capitol or some iconic DC building. I wish I could find the actual clip.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 PM

1,054 posts, read 5,072,637 times
I think it was around 4th Street NW or so. There is a scene where you can actually see a street sign if I recall, but I don't have the DVD handy.

The other scene where he runs into the street gang seems to be around 14th and Rhode Island Avenue, or thereabouts. You can see an angled road with a main road with a bit of retail along it.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,282 times
in a garden. Nice movie.really has a great twist of story and I watched it twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC