Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 04:54 PM

267 posts, read 578,999 times

Advertisements

According to...

1. Forbes Full List: The Best Cities For Online Dating - No. 2 Washington, D.C. - Forbes.com

2. Match.com and Huffington Post www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/03/online-dating-cities_n_704762.html#s134328&title=10__Houston

What do you think of that? How have your experiences been dating online in DC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 05:14 AM

68 posts, read 122,246 times
50 first dates! Actually there is a ton of variety and I attribute my lack of success to my pickiness. I would have to agree though.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:34 AM

465 posts, read 928,275 times
If you're a girl, sure. Even a 5 or 6 can have her calender full of dates with tons of thirsty dudes. If you wanna get and KEEP a girl from online, you gotta have your game tight.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:38 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
forget about it. who does that?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 AM

220 posts, read 548,080 times
It isn't surprising, given the high # of people moving here from out of the area. Less likely to meet someone through a mutual friend or through family if you are living somewhere that you didn't grow up.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:09 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
^ why u gotta rely on others to introduce you to someone?

introducing yourself to people can be much more exciting.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM

1,548 posts, read 3,033,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal198 View Post
According to...

1. Forbes Full List: The Best Cities For Online Dating - No. 2 Washington, D.C. - Forbes.com

2. Match.com and Huffington Post www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/03/online-dating-cities_n_704762.html#s134328&title=10__Houston

It doesn't surprise me a bit. DC is loaded with singles. It also has a high turnover of new arrivals with each election, so that keeps the selection interesting, as well.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:32 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,627,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal198 View Post
According to...

I'd agree 100%. Every time I am out I see a ton of people meeting for the first time and they obviously met online. You know the scene....guy or girl walks into bar, may mistake you for their date (happened to me last month), then they go and sit while texting their date who is en route to the destination. Date shows up, awkward hug and nice meeting you, and there you go. As a guy who is looking for a relationship I think online dating is great here in DC. First off, most nice women don't go to the bars looking for men. They go out for girls nights dressed to the 9's and don't want to be bothered. I find the ones who do go out have attitudes, are extremely shallow and have no depth at all, or have very high expectations, or all of the above. My advice is that if you're looking for a nice, attractive woman here in DC who wants a relationship utilize online dating. All the great women I have met here in DC have been from online and very few from out and about. This includes bars, Meetups, etc. Steer clear and save your money for something worthwhile.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:04 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,567,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I'd agree 100%. Every time I am out I see a ton of people meeting for the first time and they obviously met online. You know the scene....guy or girl walks into bar, may mistake you for their date (happened to me last month), then they go and sit while texting their date who is en route to the destination. Date shows up, awkward hug and nice meeting you, and there you go. As a guy who is looking for a relationship I think online dating is great here in DC. First off, most nice women don't go to the bars looking for men. They go out for girls nights dressed to the 9's and don't want to be bothered. I find the ones who do go out have attitudes, are extremely shallow and have no depth at all, or have very high expectations, or all of the above. My advice is that if you're looking for a nice, attractive woman here in DC who wants a relationship utilize online dating. All the great women I have met here in DC have been from online and very few from out and about. This includes bars, Meetups, etc. Steer clear and save your money for something worthwhile.
I used to date online. I have found that women from the South are a lot more down-to-earth and aren't as jaded from the DMV life (cost-of-living and dating knuckleheads). And they can cook! Women of the South also have a greater chance of having a stable family with a great male role model in their father. I noticed that most of the ones I dated from the South don't have chips on their shoulder about men as opposed to here either.

I grew up in this area and I knew the women. Dating outside of the area was refreshing. But that was 10 years ago. With the new influx of singles, the types of women out there may have changed for the better.

Online dating opens up an entire world of possibilities. I felt that I didn't have to be constrained to the DMV area.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:19 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
One of the coolest, one of the best for online dating, best job opportunites, and one of the most educated cities. I don't want anyone saying anthing different to ruin these online stats...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC