Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 PM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
That's funny, because just moved to London and it easily tops DC on having the best local economy in the Western world. The US =/= Western world, so while DC might be one of the best nationally, it's not internationally.

On a more on-topic note, I'm meh about DC. I feel odd on here because I dislike it because it's too small. There wasn't enough for me to do and I felt bored after a while. Maybe I just need big cities, I don't know, but the place shut down way too early. "If you aren't happy with DC…" I wasn't particularly, but loved my life in New York.
NYC > DC

London > DC

Paris > DC

So yes, you have to soar pretty damn high to find cities that trump DC. And even then, DC competes well in important aspects (for example, DC's GDP per capita and household income are higher than that of the 3 cities mentioned).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Everything clb10 writes is sarcasm. Whatever he writes, assume he means the opposite. He loathes DC and is trolling you all. When forced to back up his beliefs he doesn't have much substance to offer beyond the most simplistic stereotypes so best to just ignore.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
Politics is just one aspect of Washington.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM

33 posts, read 64,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Who the heck thinks DC is country? We have the second worst traffic in the nation, first in some metrics. That ain't country.

@MrKicks sorry to be "that guy" but the whole built-on-a-swamp thing is actually a myth!

Washington built on a swamp? Think again. - The Washington Post

This article is bogus. Swamp is swamp. DC isn't that big. If some part of it was swamp, then its a swamp.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Everything clb10 writes is sarcasm. Whatever he writes, assume he means the opposite. He loathes DC and is trolling you all. When forced to back up his beliefs he doesn't have much substance to offer beyond the most simplistic stereotypes so best to just ignore.
This. +1

Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKicks View Post
This article is bogus. Swamp is swamp. DC isn't that big. If some part of it was swamp, then its a swamp.
Uh DC isn't huge but just because one neighborhood was swampy doesn't mean the whole city is a swamp. That's like saying all of Maryland is mountainous because it has mountains to the west

Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 AM

708 posts, read 1,205,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
NYC > DC

London > DC

Paris > DC

So yes, you have to soar pretty damn high to find cities that trump DC. And even then, DC competes well in important aspects (for example, DC's GDP per capita and household income are higher than that of the 3 cities mentioned).
1. I think that list is much longer (Chicago, Frisco, Seattle etc.) but, I guess its just opinion......real Question is will income levels be that way after sequestration.....

Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
This. +1
Haha. Awesome.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:27 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You dont really have any proof of that though.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,457,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
You dont really have any proof of that though.
To the extent that his first 250 posts in this forum are proof, yes we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: