Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:35 PM

226 posts, read 413,851 times

Advertisements

Now that I am finally back in the DC area and old enough to buy tickets for myself (I've lived out of state for too too long) I'm trying to get tickets from the ticketmaster site, but it says they are unavailable. I assumed they were simply not up for sale yet, but other teams tix appear to be.

Are single game tickets just not available through the official ticketmaster site?

I started to get the idea that they must have allowed ticket brokers to buy up all the single game seats or something? You can get resale tickets from ticketexchange, but if possible i would really prefer to get first sales directly from ticket master, instead of paying the marked up, higher than face value prices set by the online resellers.

if anyone can explain how things actually work I'd appreciate it.

HTTR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 AM

566 posts, read 1,557,208 times
They are probably sold out.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 AM

226 posts, read 413,851 times
how did they sell out the day the schedule was released though? Did they just allow ticket brokers to come grab them all up? Are they all allocated to season ticket holders?

Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,112 times
You can get them from the reputable online secondary markets. Closer to the games, you can get them for face value or lower. Had 50 yard line, 2nd row with parking passes for Eagles/Redskins last year for a steal two weeks before the game.

Downside is my Eagles got pounded. Upside, I was close enough to tell Andy Reid (still respect) exactly how I felt about his play calling that game.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:58 AM

36 posts, read 115,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
You can get them from the reputable online secondary markets. Closer to the games, you can get them for face value or lower. Had 50 yard line, 2nd row with parking passes for Eagles/Redskins last year for a steal two weeks before the game.

Downside is my Eagles got pounded. Upside, I was close enough to tell Andy Reid (still respect) exactly how I felt about his play calling that game.
Hey I was at that game! Yeah, you guys took a beating. What website did you use? Parking passes would have came in handy.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:29 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,869,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
how did they sell out the day the schedule was released though? Did they just allow ticket brokers to come grab them all up? Are they all allocated to season ticket holders?
No they never go on sale. The stadium is just season ticketholders. They do get some individual tickets from returns, club season tickets that aren't sold, and standing room, but those are game by game. You find about them via email to season ticket waitlist and they give you a code to buy the tickets through ticketmaster, it is usually a few days before a game. I think I got maybe 3 emails like that last year.

So buying individual tickets through the box office for the Skins is very rare, but it is no big deal because of stubhub and craigslist. Prices shoot down a few days before a game to just over face, unless it is the steelers, eagles, or cowboys.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:59 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,897 times
you're better off thru stubhub and craigslist. Most times you can wait till the morning of gameday unless it's a very popular game (vs Cowboys for the division title). Surprisingly I was able to get tickets to the seahawks playoff game last year for under $100 a piece - lower level 50yd line. I think it was because everyone blew their load on the Dallas game the week before and it was uncertain whether or not we'd host a playoff game

Old 04-23-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickCharm City View Post
Hey I was at that game! Yeah, you guys took a beating. What website did you use? Parking passes would have came in handy.
I think it's a violation of the forum's ToS to name specific vendors, but it rhymes with hubub,

Old 04-23-2013, 02:59 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post

Apologize for going off-topic, but I refuse to go to Fed-Ex Field anymore. With the time it takes to get in and out of that awful stadium, it literally only takes about an hour and a half more (total) to drive right up to Philly and root for the Birds at the Link. And the tailgating is infinitely better!

Old 04-23-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Apologize for going off-topic, but I refuse to go to Fed-Ex Field anymore. With the time it takes to get in and out of that awful stadium, it literally only takes about an hour and a half more (total) to drive right up to Philly and root for the Birds at the Link. And the tailgating is infinitely better!
I agree, it is a pain. I do a keg bus and set up a substantial Philly-fan tailgating party. The convenience is worth the cost and I highly recommend it if you can get 15-25 friends willing to go in on it. We have discussed doing the keg bus all the way up to the Linc and back, but I'm not sure we'd have any survivors.

While I joke about Redskins fans being beta-fans, they're usually good heckling sports in the bus/rv parking lot. We get a good back-and-forth and everyone is pretty cool.

Last edited by KStreetQB; 04-23-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC