Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 PM

83 posts, read 230,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Tell that to most of the locals on Bmore's streets who appear to be down on there luck and who act like there isn't a future for them in the pursuit of higher education. They need a motivational check is what! Some of the locals in DC have this issue as well, but I doubt it's as severe as it is up in Baltimore. ONE of the best ways to revitalize an entire city and to give it a bright future is by getting people off the damn streets and try taking the world on the smart way. Be it private/public/charter education or home-schooling, whichever they have to do to make it in the world. Street smarts can ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR. Call me an optimistic idealist, but that's how it is.
Here, here! I love your mindset

Bmore still ain't got no mumbo sauce though...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 01:51 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniskagal View Post
Here, here! I love your mindset

Bmore still ain't got no mumbo sauce though...lol
Yes they do Jerry's on North ave has it. Sunny's by Morgan State has it too.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:07 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,477,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
As a DC native who moved to Bmore recently I like charm city. Why are so many DC area so conceited when it comes to Baltimore?
As a DC native currently living in Baltimore, the only conversations I can recall about Baltimore were the harbor, Lexington market, buying crabs and basketball. Growing up in DC there was always a basketball rivalry between the two cities. Nothing else. Folks in DC don't sit around hating Baltimore.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
For the same reasons that you mentioned you do not like about Baltimore, in the Baltimore forum.

More specifically, the extent of violent crime and the locals' complacency to it really turns me off.

What a depressing state of affairs.
I thought this sounded familiar.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I grew up in DC and at best, the opposite was true. I don't recall any disparaging remarks about Baltimore. Most of us liked it. We rooted for the Os and were sorry to see the Colts leave. Memorial Stadium and Lexington Market were great places to visit as was the Inner Harbor later on.
That's what I remember. Most of us didn't venture past Lexington Market. I used to watch Colts games and orioles cause we didn't have a baseball team for awhile.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:35 PM

They have mumbo sauce in Bmore? Well I'll certainly have to get my passport renewed and come for a visit.
J/k...couldn't resist that!

I did see some interesting houseboats for rent in Bmore - might be fun to do that for a weekend.....

Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 PM

8,012 posts, read 11,354,160 times
I don't like mambo sauce.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I don't like mambo sauce.
What? That's like saying you don't like Persian caviar, Hungarian roasted duck, Swedish pate or rhubarb crumble from the Channel Islands.

In other words, some good eating...

Old 08-09-2013, 06:35 PM

709 posts, read 1,126,590 times
Baltimore kind of sucks.

Its a nice place to party every once in a while because alcohol is cheap. That's it.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:40 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
As a DC native who moved to Bmore recently I like charm city. Why are so many DC area so conceited when it comes to Baltimore?
Because you haven't been shot couple of times and raped in daytime. Additionally, I heard the cops are very unprofessional at Baltimore. It's not surprising, considering Baltimore is basically 90's DC, when it was bad. Too many crack houses, too many blocks that cops refuse to go or communities as whole don't care about, too much division of income, too much prostitutes, mobs and pimps, and lack of resources, because the housing cost is so low compare to DC.

It's an hour and a half drive from Baltimore to DC, if you leave at crack of dawn, and I think a lot of people do this.

So, I believe there are some charm, amazing food (better seafood than DC for sure), and some old school charm, however, cons weigh too heavily against pros, compare to DC for Baltimore. So, it's not really a conceited view, rather common sense.

There are just more desperate people in Baltimore than DC. And desperate people do some crazy stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC