Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 03:22 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Ahhh man!!! I can't rep you Those pictures are insanely beautiful!!! It really captures the artistic geometry and detailed precision of DC's architecture, skyline, and street layout.
Didn't get to most of that, unfortunately. I've been back in Texas since 7/29. Truth is, if I was still in DC, I'd still be far from having seen even all of the "tourist" stuff let alone everything else.

I was in Adams Morgan a couple nights before coming back, but it was dark, I didn't have the tripod on me (I'd come back from a day shoot in Annapolis, the results of which will be on the MD forum at some point) and it was raining. All I know is it's going to be a priority when I get back. I also rode in the car on the way to Annapolis through east DC and scouted some stuff there. When the budget allows, I'll be making my way back to your city.

I do have a couple more Washington sets to share. Still working on editing. This was part of a 19-day tour over five states and the District.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPisgah View Post
Great shots. Are you using a vivid setting?
Not in camera. Just standard RAW with everything done post. My b/ws are always converted too. Maybe I've gone from under-processing to over-, but this is why I keep it as WYSIWYG as possible in camera. They all exist in "true color" as it were. I like doing what I've been doing, but some others are going to prefer it that way.

I guess it's come a long way since I was walking around the streets in Houston with a cheap point-shoot and uploading stuff straight out of that and sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 03:30 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
I've lived in the Washington, D.C. area for decades.

Yet it makes me smile to see these images, as if I'm seeing the city for the first time again.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM

132 posts, read 355,410 times
Amazing pictures. You've truly captured DC in all it's glory. Job well done!!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 05:17 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Ahhh man!!! I can't rep you Those pictures are insanely beautiful!!! It really captures the artistic geometry and detailed precision of DC's architecture, skyline, and street layout. If you haven't already, try getting shots of the National Cathedral, the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, the mansions of the West End, the beautiful bungalows and SFHs of Brookland, Woodbridge, and North Michigan Avenue, the leafy residential and active commercial streets of Woodley Park and Cleveland Park, the National Gallery of Art, the grittiness of Georgia Avenue, Union Station, the campuses of Howard U, GWU, and G-Town U, Eastern Market, the colorful rowhomes and landscaping of Capitol Hill, the fast-paced beehive of activity that lines Connecticut Avenue, the quirkiness and grittiness of Adams Morgan, The Wharf, Washington Harbor in Georgetown, Rock Creek Park, Dumbarton Oaks, Botanical Gardens, National Air & Space Museum, National Zoo, the hustle & bustle of the Penn Quarter/Chinatown/Gallery Place area, the atmosphere of luxury in Friendship Heights, the Boston-like architecture of Logan Circle, the colorful rowhomes of Bloomingdale/LeDroit Park, the sense of black history in Shaw, U Street, and Anacostia, the industrial side of DC such as Buzzard Point, Navy Yard, Mayfair, and Ivy City, the hipster vibe of H Street NE, the cosmopolitanism of Columbia Heights, the booming restaurant and street food scene of 14th Street, the Masonic Temple, and the Natural History Museum.
Meant to say North Michigan Park.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:28 AM

59 posts, read 90,906 times
Great photos, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: