Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 PM

28 posts, read 34,027 times

Advertisements

So I saw that there is one popular posting on what do girls look for and now I am curious to ask what do guys look for in a girl in DC? Where are some of the places that you go to meet girls? Are you completely into looks or do you get to know a girl first and determine there personality? Or is it a little bit of both?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
let me chime in before the axe comes down! I tell you what, having been here a few months, I am starting to get a taste for the DC type of women on a visual level although socially I am not compatible. Reason being is that I have a thing for high heels and stockings and because of the cool weather, I am able to get a good dose of that. During the summer and warmer months, I am frustrated at the amount of dress wear and flip flops that are worn.. it drives me nuts.

Generally speaking, DC type women don't appeal to me because I haven not been exposed to the DC type much. I have spent most of my career overseas and in miami while traveling to various states. Originally I am from new york so my primary attraction is to the ny italians, europeans, and south americans. These types of women know how to take care of the men and even if you are on a dating status, going over to her house and she cooking a meal from scratch is not much of an effort. I find women in NOVA more diverse and can relate better to them the farther south I go.

Here is what I would like to see less of DC type women (generally speaking);

less talking to me like a business partner or co-worker as in stop putting me on the scheduling planner. less waiting for me to call and only answer to my texts and when I do call, you call me a stranger...
less being met with either you are studying or finishing work related activity at home and can't talk.
more dressing up and putting more effort into your style.
more caressing approach and sweet sayings like darling, honey, sweetie, etc.
less counting my money and trying to figure out how much I make or willing to spend on an item.
less intellectual talk when we are in person or being intimate (keep the office jargon in the office).
stop automatically assuming I am trying to pick you up just cause I start a conversation on the metro... less acting like I am a nut when I suddenly strike a convo with you at the crosswalk... it's not that serious.

NOVA women on a social level are much more laid back and I don't run into those issues too often.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:55 AM

284 posts, read 340,855 times
Default Dear OP...

Against my better judgment, I will respond to this thread just because from your prior postings you seem incredibly frustrated by your lackluster dating life. Without having met you in person, I cannot infer what your mannerisms are or you look like …however, I can tell you that you seem like a person who might be sending “desperate” signals when you meet a guy. You ask whether guys are “into looks”: I will tell you that in any setting when faced with the same question, over half the men will tell you that they will take an attractive woman over an unattractive one. Unfortunately, it’s not exactly hard science: the same results would be obtained if you polled a heterogeneous group of women.

This brings me to the question of what it means to be “attractive.” Some people are drawn to different things/features (physical vs personality, etc). You have already stated a few times that you don’t fit the typical mold of what some men might consider beautiful. Regardless of that, I can tell you that an overweight/obese woman who is confident in who she is and dresses appropriately for her size would still be considered beautiful. Look at Coco or Amber-Rose to name a few (though some would say they don’t dress appropriately or that it doesn’t hurt that they cake on several lbs of makeup… but that’s not the issue right now ).

Some will quote rudimentary things about what you should be doing to hold a person’s attention but it sounds like your current challenge is in actually capturing a guy’s attention. I will reiterate that you should not try to change who you are for anyone…unless who you are is prohibiting you from being the best you are capable of being.

The bottom line is no matter what you look like, if you don’t love or appreciate how you look, this is projected as lack of self-confidence and can be considered unattractive. How can you expect anyone to be physically attracted to you when you have failed to accept who you are? You are beautiful, my dear…you just have to believe it.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post

The bottom line is no matter what you look like, if you don’t love or appreciate how you look, this is projected as lack of self-confidence and can be considered unattractive. How can you expect anyone to be physically attracted to you when you have failed to accept who you are? You are beautiful, my dear…you just have to believe it.
Well said.

I actually didn't realize she was the other poster and OP, Nallia is correct in saying that you may be sending those desperate signals..

Old 10-30-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddorsey585 View Post
So I saw that there is one popular posting on what do girls look for and now I am curious to ask what do guys look for in a girl in DC? Where are some of the places that you go to meet girls? Are you completely into looks or do you get to know a girl first and determine there personality? Or is it a little bit of both?
But having now realized you are the same poster, I will approach differently.

you are going to have to work with us here.. If you give me some details then I could probably give you a good screening and advise better. Take the time to answer these questions so I can get a better understanding of the type of person you are.

What is your nationality?
What is the nationality of your current closest friend?
What career field most likely describes you- law, medicine, administration, etc.?
What career field most likely describes your closest friend?
What is the nationality of your high school best friend?
What is or was your relationship with your father?
Which ethnic group (both men and women) do you gravitate towards in a social setting?
What electives did you take in high school?
What is your favorite genre of music?
What is your faviorte genre of movie?
Would you much rather live in the city or the burbs
Can you cook a steak? J/K but seriously...

Answer those questions and I will be able to PM you with a good read of the type of person your are without even knowing your horoscope

Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
good looks, home training, silence and no asking too many stupid questions and creating unnecessary drama.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM

284 posts, read 340,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
good looks, home training, silence and no asking too many stupid questions and creating unnecessary drama.
11KAP, it sounds like you are describing your ideal dog.

Last edited by Nallia1; 10-30-2013 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Highlighted important points.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:12 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
11KAP, it sounds like you are describing your ideal dog.

a lady dog, huh? why u say that? that's not what i meant and i was not trying to be rude either.

maybe you want me to want an ugly, loud and troublesome chic that can't do anything for me.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
But having now realized you are the same poster, I will approach differently.

you are going to have to work with us here.. If you give me some details then I could probably give you a good screening and advise better. Take the time to answer these questions so I can get a better understanding of the type of person you are.

What is your nationality?
What is the nationality of your current closest friend?
What career field most likely describes you- law, medicine, administration, etc.?
What career field most likely describes your closest friend?
What is the nationality of your high school best friend?
What is or was your relationship with your father?
Which ethnic group (both men and women) do you gravitate towards in a social setting?
What electives did you take in high school?
What is your favorite genre of music?
What is your faviorte genre of movie?
Would you much rather live in the city or the burbs
Can you cook a steak? J/K but seriously...

Answer those questions and I will be able to PM you with a good read of the type of person your are without even knowing your horoscope
I like where this is going

What is your nationality? African-American
What is the nationality of your current closest friend? I have two really close friends one is African-American and one is Hispanic
What career field most likely describes you- law, medicine, administration, etc.? I would say a scientist but at the moment I am in consulting
What career field most likely describes your closest friend? One friend is in the banking industry (television production in a previous life); one is in the health administration field but transitioning to possibly culinary field
What is the nationality of your high school best friend? African-American (same friend as above)
What is or was your relationship with your father? Improving, he made a lot of mistakes which caused him not to play a role in my earlier years
Which ethnic group (both men and women) do you gravitate towards in a social setting? I can say that usually I am around different groups of people but as far as men goes I tend to go towards the Caucasian men
What electives did you take in high school? I took all band courses
What is your favorite genre of music? I like Pop, R&B and Jazz
What is your faviorte genre of movie? Comedies hands down
Would you much rather live in the city or the burbs- I like the outskirts where you have a little bit of the city and its quiet
Can you cook a steak? J/K but seriously... I can cook but my passion is baking

I hope this helps!

Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Well said.

I actually didn't realize she was the other poster and OP, Nallia is correct in saying that you may be sending those desperate signals..
I don't really mean to but I am frustrated and wondering if I am doing something wrong or if I am just unappealing. I get casted into the "friend" zone. My friends and family think I am pretty but since I am having a hard time, it definitely decreases my confidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC