Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,514,380 times

Advertisements

I think that the poor in general are the ones left in the dust, a majority of the poor are AA, butt hat doesn't mean other races aren't being affected negatively. I don't care what people say, development is helping DC. Education is getting better, there is less corruption, less crime, & more business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 08:44 AM

3 posts, read 2,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBrGr View Post
I think that the poor in general are the ones left in the dust, a majority of the poor are AA, butt hat doesn't mean other races aren't being affected negatively. I don't care what people say, development is helping DC. Education is getting better, there is less corruption, less crime, & more business.
Less corruption??

Old 01-08-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCslim20002 View Post
Less corruption??
it seems that cities with a higher percentage of poor tend to have more government corruption (Ex. Baltimore, Detroit, and 80s/90s DC)

Old 01-08-2014, 02:44 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
^ hmmm, i wonder why is that, if what you say is true.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM

19 posts, read 29,896 times
Quote:
it seems that cities with a higher percentage of poor tend to have more government corruption (Ex. Baltimore, Detroit, and 80s/90s DC)
NYC, LA, and Chicago are corrupt as hell especially the police departments.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:22 AM

69 posts, read 113,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
heck I can eat, drink and party at the inner harbor, first eating at the johnny rockets, then drink at the hard rock, then finally party all night at the oodles of noodles!
A night at SW waterfront, First i stop off at station 4 and spent $50 on mediocre food and a few drinks. Head home and sleep.

I would go to Blue Jacket, but it is way to crowed to be worth the walk over to the Navy Yard.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:59 AM

690 posts, read 1,007,583 times
Baltimore wins

Old 02-17-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
Baltimore wins
Currently Baltimore wins. But DC's future could be competitive. Anyways, why are you bringing up a long dead thread?

Old 02-17-2014, 06:55 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
And? The Delaware and Schuylkill Rivers in Philly and the East and Hudson Rivers flowing through New York City are skinny in comparison to the Chesapeake too, that doesn't mean that those cities aren't striving to develop or re-develop their waterfronts into something better. The Inner Harbor is definitely beautiful for what it is, I love that place. However, DC and the surrounding burbs are really stepping their game up in the waterfront department and with waterfronts being redeveloped and/or going through planning in Navy Yard, Anacostia, SW Waterfront, Rosslyn, National Harbor, and Old Town Alexandria along with the already established Washington Harbor in Georgetown, this kind of polycentric development happening just across the water from each other are most likely gonna cause some problems for the Inner Harbor, with or without the presence of the Bay. It's gonna happen real soon.
I forgot to add that Gaithersburg has a waterfront as well.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:38 PM

690 posts, read 1,007,583 times
Quote:
Currently Baltimore wins. But DC's future could be competitive. Anyways, why are you bringing up a long dead thread?
Its not long dead to me if the last post was only one month ago. It is in the center of the city every main road connects to downtown/inner harbor. I just think its in a better location geographicly (attractions,architecture,waterfront neighborhoods, plus mount vernon), has an interesting topography (inner harbor basin,the peninsula,federal hill park,patapsco river,streams,bay), and more accessible by car(right off of I-95). Also, there are tons of things to do in and around the harbor. Its Baltimore's Times Square and main attraction that attracts people from all over the country and world. Its also an american/world success story that is still being modeled after today. Lastly, its future is still progressive with constant development/reinvention.

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 02-18-2014 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC