Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 AM

720 posts, read 1,548,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnice View Post
Its true, because if you look at what they gave (two first round picks for 2 years) - its something to think about.

The Redskins will probably never make a trade like that again. RG3 is a great player, but the financing is bad. Great house, crappy bank loan.
IF RG3 comes back fully healthy next season and leads the team to a Superbowl or two within the next few years, the trade will have been a steal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 11:38 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,852,607 times
Quote:
Its true, because if you look at what they gave (two first round picks for 2 years) - its something to think about.

The Redskins will probably never make a trade like that again. RG3 is a great player, but the financing is bad. Great house, crappy bank loan.
The trade was actually THREE first round draft picks and a 2nd round draft pick. The #6 and #39 pick in 2012, #22 in 2013, and #2 in 2014. Ouch. Even worse considering how well Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton, and Russell Wilson have played from that draft. They did get 1 playoff year from RG3 so he's already more successful than Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

Leaf was the worst because SD traded 2 first round picks (#3 and #8), a second rounder (#33), and a pro bowl RB/returner in Eric Metcalfe and they got nothing from Leaf. The team was terrible for 5 years until a new regime drafted LaDaninian Tomlinson and Brees.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:47 AM

8,579 posts, read 9,049,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Wood View Post
RG3 will go down as one of the worst draft picks ever. He won't even experience the success of the (mediocre) michael vick.
Keep in mind, he did take the team to a division championship game and won. He busted his knee and has had two, not one but two reconstructive knee surgeries. That would be the reason his career could be hindered. Not to mention the owner hindering the whole washington metropolitan area.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post

This doesn't seem to make sense. The media has made all these reports about how he doesn't get along with his teammates, how he blames them for mishaps (which may indeed be true just based on some of the things he has said in postgame interviews) or how his father is involved with decision in the organization. Perhaps, there are some things that are indeed true, but overall it seems like there is a lot being made up about this man. Does Sally Jenkins have an agenda? Does the Washington Post have an agenda? Better yet, is there someone within the organization have a vendetta against RG3? Why would teammates look favorably on an individual that is allegedly causing so many issues?

I just want to get Redskin fans thoughts on here. This situation just seems odd, why there are so many unconfirmed reports that are being leaked out and how the media is just continuing to have a field day with this. Has the DC media really gotten that bad?
Honestly, this sounds like a classic case of a veteran trying to put RG3 in his place. I could like you like a brother, believe in your ability, and want you to be a leader, but also be annoyed by a bunch of stuff you do especially when we are losing.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:51 AM

8,579 posts, read 9,049,201 times
Quote:

Heath Shuler was a complete bust. Vinny wasted a high draft pick on a kicker not long ago. I don't even think he made it out of preseason?

Old 01-08-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Keep in mind, he did take the team to a division championship game and won. He busted his knee and has had two, not one but two reconstructive knee surgeries. That would be the reason his career could be hindered. Not to mention the owner hindering the whole washington metropolitan area.
They call the first round of the playoffs the wild card round and the skins lost to Seattle. RG3 did beat Dallas in the last game of the season to clinch the East Division championship though, which is much better than a lot of other so-called busts did.

Injuries hinder just about every major bust not named Vernon Golston.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:06 PM

365 posts, read 642,824 times
Full Disclosure: I'm a Giants Fan.

I think RG3 has bought into his own hype. He should have sat out the 1st 4 games of the season and fully heal up. He is a decent QB with a lot of potential. But potential means you have done anything yet.

I think Shanahan is done as a coach and has been done for a couple of years now. He loves to throw his players under the bus when things go bad. Unfortunately for him, he has a player that has more juice than him. For now.

RG3 should start next season healthy and all eyes will be on him. The Redskins need more offensive talent but he needs to step up as well. The NFC east is a winnable division. Romo is romo. Eagles had a fluke year. Giants are a sleeping Giant. So the Redskins should be in the playoffs next season.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:53 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,945,674 times
Rgiii will not likly have a long pro career. Imo he is uncoachable.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:15 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,914,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
Full Disclosure: I'm a Giants Fan.

I think RG3 has bought into his own hype. He should have sat out the 1st 4 games of the season and fully heal up. He is a decent QB with a lot of potential. But potential means you have done anything yet.

I think Shanahan is done as a coach and has been done for a couple of years now. He loves to throw his players under the bus when things go bad. Unfortunately for him, he has a player that has more juice than him. For now.

RG3 should start next season healthy and all eyes will be on him. The Redskins need more offensive talent but he needs to step up as well. The NFC east is a winnable division. Romo is romo. Eagles had a fluke year. Giants are a sleeping Giant. So the Redskins should be in the playoffs next season.
I'm a Titans fan myself.

I think this is pretty close to how I see it as well.

I don't want Shannahan anywhere near my team

Old 01-08-2014, 04:16 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,914,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Rgiii will not likly have a long pro career. Imo he is uncoachable.
Just curious, how you know he's uncoachable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC