Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 12:05 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
Nobody owns a city or neighborhood so I'm not stay out of a place just because I'm not from there that's absurd plus I never said I was scared. All im saying is too many of these street dudes have chips on their shoulders and that's a fact. I used to be in the streets until I got locked up and changed the way I lived my life. Real rap though
the hood had the best hidden gems so they are def worth going to, just gotta be street smart and chill out and try to blend in.

Word, I hear what you're saying. Most of us from hoods know how to carry ourselves,
but none of us are just going to walk straight into a ball of fire either. People are not
always as bad as you think for the most part tho. We're not savages and cannibals out
here, despite the few people with their screws loose. We're mostly just trying to enjoy
life and mind our business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 01:41 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,564,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Word, I hear what you're saying. Most of us from hoods know how to carry ourselves,
but none of us are just going to walk straight into a ball of fire either. People are not
always as bad as you think for the most part tho. We're not savages and cannibals out
here, despite the few people with their screws loose. We're mostly just trying to enjoy
life and mind our business.
I feel ya

Old 11-17-2014, 03:37 PM

465 posts, read 658,004 times
[quote=dkf747;37305347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcallday View Post

Okay compare it to Detroit. His point is right. DC is much nicer.

Like most of the people on C-D you picked the most extreme example possible. No, DC is not Detroit but how many cities are. SMFH DC is also not Boston, SF, Seattle, NYC or Portland either. You all can talk to me about how safe it is here when DC makes the Safest big cities list.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:44 PM

465 posts, read 658,004 times
[quote=PK12;37306909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post

Out of the NE/SE neighborhoods that you mentioned, which one would you say is the most dangerous? Would any of them still be classified as a no-go zone, compared to say places in West Baltimore?
Umm hell yes!!! Here's one.... It's always funny how this recent Gentrification has made people sleep on DC. Do it at your own peril.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 11-20-2014 at 06:52 AM..

Old 11-18-2014, 06:23 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
[quote=dcallday;37312026]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post

Like most of the people on C-D you picked the most extreme example possible. No, DC is not Detroit but how many cities are. SMFH DC is also not Boston, SF, Seattle, NYC or Portland either. You all can talk to me about how safe it is here when DC makes the Safest big cities list.
He asked for a comparison with an American city, so that's what I gave him. It also happens to be the city I knoww best. I never said DC was among the safest big cities. I have no idea if it is, but gentrification has changed things. It's not the same as it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC