Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 07:08 AM

490 posts, read 646,490 times

Advertisements

Study: Cost of Living in D.C. More Expensive Than New York City, Baltimore More Expensive Than L.A. « CBS DC

Link provided with no comment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 08:57 AM

494 posts, read 844,889 times
No, Washington, D.C., Is Not More Expensive than New York City - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Link provided with no comment...

Old 10-15-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy17 View Post
Awesome! That means the system works!

Old 10-16-2014, 09:18 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,954,216 times
I wonder how many folks read this thread heading and started to revisit the plan in their minds to move to NY or SF.... Things were looking good for an hour and some change before Niceguy17 pulled the plug and shut off the lights....

Old 10-16-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I wonder how many folks read this thread heading and started to revisit the plan in their minds to move to NY or SF.... Things were looking good for an hour and some change before Niceguy17 pulled the plug and shut off the lights....
I would still move to San fran if I had the chance. The weather is awesome and the people are pretty cool and laid back.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:48 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,954,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostopsy View Post
I would still move to San fran if I had the chance. The weather is awesome and the people are pretty cool and laid back.
I will be in SoCal for about 3.5 months soon. Don't know the dates. I am really looking fwd to it. I spent some years in florida but haven't been out west. I am so interested in finding out the social dynamics and how it differs from the east coast.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:02 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,554,162 times
Quote:
I will be in SoCal for about 3.5 months soon. Don't know the dates. I am really looking fwd to it. I spent some years in florida but haven't been out west. I am so interested in finding out the social dynamics and how it differs from the east coast.
Its night and day. I've been in SD the past year after growing up in NoVA. Love it out here!

Old 10-16-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I've been to California many times, and too be honest, I figured I would hate it. Just my perception based on some of the weird politics, media, etc. I could not be more wrong. San Diego was awesome, great town to grab a craft brew, and a decent meal. And clean!! L.A. has the chilled out attitude, everyone I met at the beaches and bars were laid back and very approachable. I saw dolphins a few times off the piers. San Fran was the best of both worlds, plus its a very walkable city. I had some great times out on the town at night, and just sight seeing.

You'll have fun. It made a believer out of me.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:33 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,523,788 times
Quote:
In California, smiling and politeness aren't seen as signs of weakness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC