Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 12:20 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,529,348 times

Advertisements

Take some responsibility people. You screwed up. And that's what any judge is going to tell you, rightfully so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 01:18 PM

238 posts, read 326,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsoftwo View Post
Was in DC today and got a $100 ticket while parked on the street and it says fail to show current sticker on plate. And I looked and noticed that I only put the new sticker to my front plate and not the rear one. ( I know it's stupid but it's really an hornets mistake as I did not notice the sticker at the rear plate)
What I found ridiculous is that I have the current sticker on the front plate and my registration is not expired. The officer not only gave me a ticket but requested a tow to my car.
Am I really in a violation here? What is the chance of getting the ticket to drop if I write to contest.
Thanks
It's an honest mistake. Ask for a hearing, be contrite, admit your negligence, highlight your lack of other violations (hopefully you can) and ask for a break. This approach generally yields results. Take a combative arrogant stance as if you were right and the parking officer wrong, and you're sure to lose.

The thing that kills me is that DC doesn't even issue decals for their plates anymore. A police officer has to run the plate to see if it's active. If I'm not mistaken, I think Virginia is now issuing only one decal for the rear plate?

Gotta love all the sanctimonious schmucks here ready to just take their turns kicking someone who is already down and is merely asking a simple question. As if they were pure as the driven snow. I don't miss DC...at all.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:19 AM

483 posts, read 532,709 times
Don't bother fighting, this is a revenue generation scheme that has been going on in DC for years, I got one of these back in 2002 with a MD tagged car. Fighting will just get them to up the fine for some other "reason".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC