Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 08:37 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,989,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
It still comes down to opinion, not fact. Everybody wants to tell you they'd do something different and they would have won. The fact is that Lynch failed 4 out of 5 times to get in the end zone from the 1 yard line during the regular season and didn't have the greatest performance in the Super Bowl either. The Pats stopped him several times. Carroll rolled the dice and selected a pass play and it was intercepted. Case closed.
Actually game lost. Carroll has done this in the past. In 2006 with the national championship on the line, he called a bonehead play on 4th and 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 08:42 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,627,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Actually game lost. Carroll has done this in the past. In 2006 with the national championship on the line, he called a bonehead play on 4th and 2.
Perhaps Paul Allen should fire him and hire you.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:35 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,989,240 times
Quote:
Perhaps Paul Allen should fire him and hire you.
Or Belichick.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:07 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,765 times
It was a great game. I mean, great in that it was unpredictable until the end like how all Superbowl should be.

I just want to share this with you all. I started cheering for Patriots back in 1993. I was an avid football card collector back then as a child. I loved the team because I was a fan of Drew Bledsoe (I still have his rookie card and his college rookie card). I guess I wanted them to win, probably because I had Drew Bledsoe's rookie card and thought I could retire on it (lol). Nobody wanted or believed in Tom Brady, yet, he came out, and did his thing. A 199th pick overall, did something amazing. An underdog, that nobody knew (And yes, I have his rookie card too, which is worth like $10 probably).

This is why I love the patriots to this day.

check out this data from 2000 to SuperBowl XLIX. I'd say that's a domination:

Old 02-09-2015, 07:02 PM

I actually went through my cards tonight, and I was so happy for some reason. It brought some really good memories back.

But here is that Drew Bledsoe Card. It's "rare" I guess, but I guess it doesn't matter now, because kids stopped collecting sports cards all together. It's rare because it's pre draft card.

It's probably worth maybe a $1, but one hell of a sentimental value.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
It was a great game. I mean, great in that it was unpredictable until the end like how all Superbowl should be.

I just want to share this with you all. I started cheering for Patriots back in 1993. I was an avid football card collector back then as a child. I loved the team because I was a fan of Drew Bledsoe (I still have his rookie card and his college rookie card). I guess I wanted them to win, probably because I had Drew Bledsoe's rookie card and thought I could retire on it (lol). Nobody wanted or believed in Tom Brady, yet, he came out, and did his thing. A 199th pick overall, did something amazing. An underdog, that nobody knew (And yes, I have his rookie card too, which is worth like $10 probably).

This is why I love the patriots to this day.

check out this data from 2000 to SuperBowl XLIX. I'd say that's a domination:

Great stats to know! When it comes to sports cards people are wasting their money nowadays thinking they can hold onto them and make a lot of money. You have to remember that sports cards back in the day that are worth tons of money now (Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, etc.) were sold with tobacco, gum, etc. and weren't even rare at the time. People would simply throw them away when they purchased these items. That's why they're so rare now. Sports cards are now sold in packs, and while some are rare, you're never going to get rich investing in sports cards. Topps, Fleet, and the other companies pump out cards like crazy because that's how they make their money. I was collector for years and I doubt my collection is worth much at all. I also bought comic books back in high school and I thought Spawn #1 would be worth a ton. It's probably worth about $10 now.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Great stats to know! When it comes to sports cards people are wasting their money nowadays thinking they can hold onto them and make a lot of money. You have to remember that sports cards back in the day that are worth tons of money now (Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, etc.) were sold with tobacco, gum, etc. and weren't even rare at the time. People would simply throw them away when they purchased these items. That's why they're so rare now. Sports cards are now sold in packs, and while some are rare, you're never going to get rich investing in sports cards. Topps, Fleet, and the other companies pump out cards like crazy because that's how they make their money. I was collector for years and I doubt my collection is worth much at all. I also bought comic books back in high school and I thought Spawn #1 would be worth a ton. It's probably worth about $10 now.
Yeh, but it was really fun when I was a kid. Now, I guess kids have pokemon, and other stuff.

Everything is worth like a $1 now. But great memories though.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Yeh, but it was really fun when I was a kid. Now, I guess kids have pokemon, and other stuff.

Everything is worth like a $1 now. But great memories though.
Agreed. As a kid I figured by the time I was 50 I'd be a millionaire with my collection. I'd be lucky to get $1,000 for it in all reality.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Agreed. As a kid I figured by the time I was 50 I'd be a millionaire with my collection. I'd be lucky to get $1,000 for it in all reality.

It's funny to see most of them are retired. I think my Jordan baseball cards are about $100 or so. Who knows, in 20 years, maybe it'll pick up again. You never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC