U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 11:47 PM

312 posts, read 344,641 times

Advertisements

My parents are in Wilmington NC and I have been worried about my mom so me and my little brother (30 and 23) are driving down from NYC area (LI) where we live and just staying for a day or two with them. We are leaving both of our girlfriends back at home. We booked one night at a hotel in Arlington VA across from DC and we are gonna stay therte for the (Saturday) night and then drive to NC the next morning.

I've never been to Washington and he went on a HS trip and saw a bunch of stuff we have no interest in like the Smithsonia and Pennsylvania Avenue lol.

What we do like is beer and trashy women with little to no attire on (to look not touch of course! We are both very much in love with our ladies!!) Looking for either a dive bar or a strip joint
. Nowhere hipster like, trendy or classy. A real hole in the wall type of place (nowhere that some hipster will be there ironically drinking a daquiri.) Don't really care if the place is a bit seedy (actually prefer it) we can handle ourselves

Not really familiar with the area just need somewhere in cab-ride/car service distance to downtown Arlington.

Sorry if this offended anyone.

Any recommendations?? We are wanting to support local girls dancing their way through Georgetown Law School!

EDIT: I'm assuming that DC has smoking laws like NY where you can't smoke in bars anymore unless they are private clubs? What about VA? The hotels we found didn't have any smoking rooms which sucks but whatever

Also, what time is last call?

Last edited by Clampdown69; 02-26-2015 at 11:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 12:21 AM

2,980 posts, read 3,637,369 times
Archibalds, Mpire, Camelot are your friends

They may be too "classy" but were the only places I could think of when I saw the thread title

Old 02-27-2015, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
Archibalds, Mpire, Camelot are your friends

They may be too "classy" but were the only places I could think of when I saw the thread title
Thanks! What do you mean too classy? What are the vibes like?
Wanted to ask you guys because I don't trust yelp because I make different accounts and give my business 5 star reviews so Im assuming others do the same deal

Old 02-27-2015, 07:02 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,606,444 times
Smoking in bars has been illegal in VA for like 6 years now thank god. Last call is 3am.

Businesses around here have hundreds of reviews on Yelp so one review by the owner with a fake account doesn't do anything. Also, anyone with a brain would take a review with a grain of salt from someone who has only 1 review or so.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Smoking in bars has been illegal in VA for like 6 years now thank god. Last call is 3am.

Businesses around here have hundreds of reviews on Yelp so one review by the owner with a fake account doesn't do anything. Also, anyone with a brain would take a review with a grain of salt from someone who has only 1 review or so.
Ok, thanks for answering the smoking and last call question. Your "thank god" is my having to walk outside every 20 minutes and freeze my balls off.

I know, I have like 30 reviews of my business on YELP, like 23 of them are either me, my brother, my girlfriend or my best friend..its always better to justbasknorioke

Old 02-27-2015, 07:57 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,981,993 times
Royal Palace is the trashiest in DC. Almost comically. Good Guys is one step up - not as trashy, but no pretense. Camelot and Archibalds are the next step up - I think Archibalds has more personality, but a few of my neighbors work there so maybe I'm biased. They're walking distance from each other so, if you don't like one, you can hop to the other.

If you like black girls, then go to The House. There is also Stadium, but that's filled with people trying to ball out.

I'd rule out Mpire - it's trying to be the upscale option. It's right next to Archibalds/Camelot as well, so nothing lost if you check it out.

No lap dances in DC - just dancing on stage/hanging out with you, and taking your money, so your relationships are safe. Just FYI.

Dan's cafe is a pretty good dive bar. Trustees is too. Hipsters are pretty much everywhere though.

Last edited by KStreetQB; 02-27-2015 at 08:05 AM..

Old 02-27-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
Royal Palace is the trashiest in DC. Almost comically. Good Guys is one step up - not as trashy, but no pretense. Camelot and Archibalds are the next step up - I think Archibalds has more personality, but a few of my neighbors work there so maybe I'm biased. They're walking distance from each other so, if you don't like one, you can hop to the other.

If you like black girls, then go to The House. There is also Stadium, but that's filled with people trying to ball out.

I'd rule out Mpire - it's trying to be the upscale option. It's right next to Archibalds/Camelot as well, so nothing lost if you check it out.

No lap dances in DC - just dancing on stage/hanging out with you. Just FYI.
Ok, so Royal Palace, then Good Guys, then Archibalds/Camelot.

More into white girls personally, and we aren't trying to ball out, we just wanna get drunk and see boobs we can ignore the c section scars and the hole from their tracheotomy lmao :P

Why no lap dances? What's the point then? Don't tell me there is no "champagne room" stuff also?!!

What about it VA??

I'm like sad now I was so looking forward to a lap dance

Old 02-27-2015, 08:42 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,981,993 times
DC laws are fairly puritanical. None of that stuff. No idea on VA laws.

I think that order you have is about right.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:47 AM

1,955 posts, read 1,927,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Smoking in bars has been illegal in VA for like 6 years now thank god.
This is not entirely true. I go to a place in Sterling (Mighty Mike's Bar and Grill) where people smoke. Any bar that serves food is exempt along with areas that have a segregated smoking area. That's a pretty broad stroke, and in the case of Mike's is the main part of the bar. The non-smoking section is a tiny little section off to the side.

Restaurants and smoking in Virginia FAQS

Quote:
What kinds of establishments are exempt from the law?

Any place or operation that prepares or stores food for distribution to persons of the same business operation or of a related business operation for service to the public. Examples include operations that prepare food for catering services, pushcart operations, hotdog stands or other mobile points of service.

Any outdoor area of a restaurant, with or without a roof covering, provided the outdoor area is not enclosed by temporary enclosures.

Any restaurant located on the premises of any manufacturer of tobacco products.

Any portion of a restaurant that is constructed in a manner that the area where smoking is permitted is: (i) structurally separated from the non-smoking areas of the restaurant , (ii) constructed with a door between the non-smoking areas and the smoking area, (iii) vented in a manner to prevent the recirculation of air from the smoking area back into the non-smoking area, and (iv) with at least one public entrance that enters into an area where smoking is not permitted.

Any portion of a restaurant that is used exclusively for private functions provided the functions are limited to those areas that are structurally separate and vented separately as described above.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:02 AM

1,581 posts, read 1,763,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampdown69 View Post
Ok, so Royal Palace, then Good Guys, then Archibalds/Camelot.

More into white girls personally, and we aren't trying to ball out, we just wanna get drunk and see boobs we can ignore the c section scars and the hole from their tracheotomy lmao :P

Why no lap dances? What's the point then? Don't tell me there is no "champagne room" stuff also?!!

What about it VA??

I'm like sad now I was so looking forward to a lap dance
DC and VA strip clubs both suck.

VA does have champagne rooms, but no nudity in that pasties etc are mandatory.

If you want the real action, go to Baltimore.

Or maybe Temple Hills, Marlow Heights, Largo etc (the MD suburbs in PG County immediately borderingDC) - but these are known to be hotbeds of gang activity and trouble in general.

This is based on my experience of the Baltimore/DC area strip clubs, and having concluded that strip clubs are completely dumb and pointless way to throw money away.

But, different strokes for different folks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or