Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:59 PM

130 posts, read 125,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You are almost certainly not getting a teaching job without a degree. You will have a very difficult time living in DC without a salary that comes with a degree.

As for your continued weather questions:

Weather and Climate: Washington DC, United States of America, average monthly , Rainfall (millimeter), Sunshine, Temperatures (celsius), Sunshine, Humidity, Wind Speed
Bout which jobs dont need degree in DC??? and how much they pay in each months??

I know It exist such weather-sites, but they say nothing, I think a HUMAN is much much better than a site:
So please tell me about the DC weather in each months and compare to ROME, italiy if you has been there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 02:03 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athen View Post
Bout which jobs dont need degree in DC??? and how much they pay in each months??

I know It exist such weather-sites, but they say nothing, I think a HUMAN is much much better than a site:
So please tell me about the DC weather in each months and compare to ROME, italiy if you has been there?
Without a degree you should expect to make minimum wage, which is $9.50/hour. I have not been to Rome.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Without a degree you should expect to make minimum wage, which is $9.50/hour. I have not been to Rome.
1. Not bad wage, but which jobs Do DC offer to a swede WITHOUT DEGREE???

2.And people exaggerate DC SUMMER WEATHER???

3. and do DC has any 1 dollar shop/supermarket( there I can buy foods and fruits), and what is the name of it???

4. Has DC any second-hand shop for cloths? what is the name of it???
like here in WHOLE sweden we has MYRORNA(eng. Ants) which has often cloths and other home-things which is often much much cheaper than a normal shop!!

Old 05-01-2015, 06:50 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,751 times
Hahahaha this thread is too funny!

No offense to you OP, but just sayin'

Old 05-01-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Hahahaha this thread is too funny!

No offense to you OP, but just sayin'
you are welcome! but tell me the things i ask after! please sir!

Old 05-01-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Well, it is a bad wage when you consider that the average rental rate in DC is $1738/ month. Jobs would be retail or service related.

https://www.rentjungle.com/average-r...n-rent-trends/

Quote:

Some people exaggerate and everyone has different preferences. Some people will tell you that the summers are excruciating, and some people will say the summers are rather pleasant. That is why the DATA (link already provided) is more important that what I think.

Quote:

3. and do DC has any 1 dollar shop/supermarket( there I can buy foods and fruits), and what is the name of it???

like here in WHOLE sweden we has MYRORNA(eng. Ants) which has often cloths and other home-things which is often much much cheaper than a normal shop!!
Dude, seriously, you are focused on the wrong things.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:40 PM

40 posts, read 67,037 times
I'll try to answer your questions, but in my opinion you should rethink your relocation priorities.

Quote:
Depends on what your previous experience is, but as mentioned in an earlier post retail and service related jobs are likely your best chance. Do you already have authorization to work in the US?

Quote:
When I think of DC summer weather, daily high temperatures of 90 F/32 C with stifling humidity that make it feel like 100 F/38 C are common. But at least almost every place has air conditioning, though the air conditioning on Metro trains sometime does not work.

Quote:
Dollar Tree is a chain of shops which all items are $1 or 2 for $1/etc. Five Below is a chain of shops where all items are $5 or less. I don't think I've ever seen fresh food (fruits or produce) in these stores though.

Quote:
To look for second hand goods, you want to look for "thrift shops" There are Salvation Army and Goodwill thrift shops in and outside of DC. Value Village and Unique are large thrift shop chains close to DC. Go to TheThriftShopper.Com National Thrift Store Directory Listing Charity Resale, Second Hand, Vintage and Consignment Shops for locations of other thrift shops.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL Tudor View Post
I'll try to answer your questions, but in my opinion you should rethink your relocation priorities.

Depends on what your previous experience is, but as mentioned in an earlier post retail and service related jobs are likely your best chance. Do you already have authorization to work in the US?

When I think of DC summer weather, daily high temperatures of 90 F/32 C with stifling humidity that make it feel like 100 F/38 C are common. But at least almost every place has air conditioning, though the air conditioning on Metro trains sometime does not work.

Dollar Tree is a chain of shops which all items are $1 or 2 for $1/etc. Five Below is a chain of shops where all items are $5 or less. I don't think I've ever seen fresh food (fruits or produce) in these stores though.

To look for second hand goods, you want to look for "thrift shops" There are Salvation Army and Goodwill thrift shops in and outside of DC. Value Village and Unique are large thrift shop chains close to DC. Go to TheThriftShopper.Com National Thrift Store Directory Listing Charity Resale, Second Hand, Vintage and Consignment Shops for locations of other thrift shops.
BIG BIG thanxs!!!

Still some questin left (the last ones): Do you already have authorization to work in the US? you mean green card??? If I comes to DC as tourist I can stay there MAX 90 days, but after it I must contact a police-station to tell them I will work and life in DC(US) about atleast 1-2 years, AND THEY GONNA ACCEPT IT???

2. from which times to which times are the summer DC weather is like you say (heat+humid)??? under that time the weather never get COLD frezzing WINDS???

3. when comes the autumn to DC and when comes winter and when comes spring???

THanxs!!!

Old 05-02-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:

Still some questin left (the last ones): Do you already have authorization to work in the US? you mean green card??? If I comes to DC as tourist I can stay there MAX 90 days, but after it I must contact a police-station to tell them I will work and life in DC(US) about atleast 1-2 years, AND THEY GONNA ACCEPT IT???
It doesn't work like that AT ALL.

Visa Expiration Date

Old 05-02-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
It doesn't work like that AT ALL.

Visa Expiration Date
thanxs for the INFO man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC