U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-27-2016, 11:46 PM
 
2,696 posts, read 1,714,645 times
Reputation: 1856

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Chriz my man, have a seat because we need to speak. Peace be with you but on this post I’m going in on you so no hard feelings.

I’m that dude that walks in the building and I am hated by both blacks and whites. And I am black myself but I tell the truth that nobody wants to hear. Blacks do more harm to hurting the black self image than anyone else. Blacks have a series of post traumatic slavery disorders that run deep. Same way that IQ is hereditary- both low and high. Chicago is a war zone and it’s because they are black, not poor. Poor is a symptom, being black is the PROBLEM brother…
Being black is not the problem. People like Obama and many other successful and EDUCATED black people prove that when you are educated and don't follow ghetto trash culture.. being black is not a huge problem for you. This is not to say racial bias never comes into play in some situations. But bias runs across the board for all people.. women, fat people, midgets, young people, old people, etc.

The reality is that life is unfair across the board for everyone. Some get cancer while others don't for instance. Life is not fair for anyone. But many blacks seem to think being black is the only factor that matters in a human life. This mindset is the "problem" more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You are that same dude that talk out the side of your mouth using words like "trashy elements" when speaking of promoting gentrification. You are a downright classist. And out the other side of your mouth you are quick to pull out calling others for being racist but, you are the absolute worst kind. You are that same dude of when called out, you come back with “I was just trying to stimulate conversations, blah, blah, blah”.
And I've done a good job of stimulating conversation, haven't I?

I already admitted to being a classiest. Most people are classiest at the end of the day, including you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Bro, you don’t know history. Do you know anything about the slave codes and all the other laws that prevented BLACK people from voting, owning, etc.? slave code | United States history | Britannica.com
Obsessing over the past does not fix the problems of 2016. Time to let it go and focus on what can be improved TODAY.


Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You are the same dude of when speaking about the doing away of black businesses in DC, you are quick to say that "things move on". But DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OWNERSHIP IS WHAT CREATES WEALTH, NOT JOBS! Doing away with businesses decreases the chances for wealth to circulate the black community. How about you keep the black bookstores and maybe you will have LESS FREAKING TRASHY ELEMENT. I am yelling at you just in case you didn't realize that because I can yell on the internet and tell you that I am yelling...
What wealth did it create between 1950 and the year 2000 when DC was an embarrassing sea of crack smoke? There are many paths to wealth in the U.S. and owning a business is actually not one of the best ones or easiest ones. Most businesses fail.. black or not. If a business needs to be "propped up" or given charity to survive then that business is garbage and needs to fail.

Black owned Ben's Chili bowl is doing just fine. Why? Because its a good business, that is well marketed and offers value.


Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You have no clue of the Black American Experience IMO. I don’t care what ethnicity you are, you have no empathy whatsoever and can pull the wool over others but not me sir. You and the other classist pretenders with the “it’s not the blacks, it’s the poor”. Or better yet, "I don’t see color, we are all human”. So by doing that, you are dismissing the systematic principles put into place for blacks. White people have no idea what the black experience is on a deeper level. You have no idea why we do the things that we do.
There is no "black experience". Obama's experience is very different from Will Smith's experience. Every black person is an INDIVIDUAL that has individual life experiences. Just like every other race. Some blacks are born rich, some middle class, some lower class and some in poverty. They all have a different experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Blacks have severe mental disorders which is why we do all types of crazy things and beg for white acceptance. Hillary ain’t going to do a lick for the blacks but keep them where they are. At least by Trump, being called a racist by the left, will keep out illegal immigrants and will help the blacks- otherwise they will be left as the 5th underclass- behind Syrians. All this affirmative action for women and LGBT is faux. You can hide being gay but you can’t hide being black. A gay person or transexual, while I respect their way of life, creates their own issues because they choose to come out. Great for them but "coming out of the closet" isn't a privilege that blacks have. Many gays have married and have had children but only to change later in life- jenner for example. Blacks can't do that.. White women co-own everything as they stand next to the white man- who owns everything.
Hillary ain’t going to do a lick for the blacks? Why does she need to? The attitude of waiting for other people to fix your problems is not healthy and its one of the biggest ghetto mentality road blocks. Its also common among blue collar trailer trash culture. The main difference is they play the blame game rather than asking for actual solutions.

If Hillary was going to do something for "blacks" what should it be exactly?


Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Do your research. The black experience is not the same as the white experience. Laws were set in America to prevent blacks from owning anything. Blacks do not own any resources from schools, water supplies, weapon manufactures, and medicine. 35% of all black children in the US are in poverty. Why is that- because they are poor? Because they didn’t strap their boots or their parents failed them? You talk about the vicious cycle but when were the beginnings of that cycle and WHO caused this cycle? What are you doing to help stop this cycle besides moving the trashy element over to PG County?
This is 2016. The past cannot be changed. Using it as an excuse to fail in life is not healthy. Seriously.. why even try if you believe the entire world is against you ONLY because you are "black" and for no other reason? Its simply false and successful blacks are proof of that.

Successful blacks are often disliked by the rest of the community because they take away the "because I'm black" excuse and force other blacks to acknowledge that their failures are mostly because of bad choices. And I'm talking about 2016 not 1865.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
The poverty that poor African Americans experience is often different from the poverty of poor whites. It's more isolating and concentrated. It extends out the door of a family's home and occupies the entire neighborhood around it, touching the streets, the schools, the grocery stores. A poor black family, in short, is much more likely than a poor white one to live in a neighborhood where many other families are poor, too, creating what sociologists call the "double burden" of poverty. Poor whites, in most major metropolitan areas, are spread out. Poor African Americans are not. Concentrated poverty is getting worse because poor people — especially poor African Americans — are increasingly left behind. And a number of forces drive this pattern, including systemic, policies that have historically concentrated public housing and modern zoning laws that keep the poor out of wealthier communities.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...white-poverty/
Then why are they having kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
That last sentence was for you and for the other poster. We are on good terms so I don't want to mention his name.

Ok, now I am done with my rant. It's all love brother. Brothers can argue too you know...




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqaBvh5XIf8


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6JbjLG4-Po
IQ is genetic but every "race" has a lot of genetic variety (Race as we define it in humans is actually not even real. It is a social construct. But that's a topic for another day). The different "races" have more genetic variety than most people understand. This is why you have smart people and stupid people in every race as well as tall people and short people. Some races have more of some traits than the others. But no race is exclusively smart or stupid. Same with height.

Good talk.

Last edited by Chriz Brown; 05-28-2016 at 12:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-27-2016, 11:55 PM
 
2,696 posts, read 1,714,645 times
Reputation: 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
I’ve been trying to say this but he is the type that isn’t worth arguing with. I hope he only says this mess on internet forum.and those professors in the video dont know first hand because they not from that life. Breezy is always talking about poor vs rich wen i know what he really means, he just keeps starting ishhh. I really hope he can learn what that life really like cuz in my hood he won’t make it talking all that around some of these “poor” folks. i mean its funny. He like the guy in the playground who starts something but gets beat down cuz he really offended someone. thats why I now allow him to have his opinion but he really like 2 talk some….

So you're saying if I went to the "hood" and started talking like I do here.. the "poor folk" would then do something violent/illegal to me? And these are the same people I should be feeling sorry for right?

The sad thing here is the stuff you say only proves all the points I make rather then helping me or anyone else better understand where you are coming from. I'm very open to learning new things.. but not from people who insult me. So think about that.

And just to be clear... I have no problem with poor people. I have a problem with trashy people. I'm a "classiest" as halfamazing said. I have no problem admitting it. Class has more to do with behavior than money. I respect a dirt poor person with class more than a rich person with no class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2016, 11:21 AM
 
Location: todo el mundo!!
1,563 posts, read 941,455 times
Reputation: 1176
yah i am saying that cuz its offensive. if you hate dc so much move to Iowa. I really dont know where you are coming from with successful vs not or any of that… its what you are saying is you are naive and dont like communities that are hood. but you dont come up with any reason to fix those communities, you focus on the people and how they are poor. I dont think you even have a clue what these folks live through, I dont feel for them, I respect people who respect me. I accept it for what it is and try to be the best and perceiver to not end up like that. I dont talk sh* in the streets or ppl about topics like this. I deff hope you dont go to SE or Bladensburg and voice your opinion. its ok to have a opinion but this topic is old and you have no resolution you just keep talking.. find a solution, volunteer, I help some of the folks in Langley park boys n girls club md sometimes cuz i want to. You just talking isn’t changing anything. You have to be more street smart and learn how to say something that makes sense without coming off like you dont know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2016, 02:53 PM
 
2,696 posts, read 1,714,645 times
Reputation: 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
yah i am saying that cuz its offensive. if you hate dc so much move to Iowa. I really dont know where you are coming from with successful vs not or any of that… its what you are saying is you are naive and dont like communities that are hood. but you dont come up with any reason to fix those communities, you focus on the people and how they are poor. I dont think you even have a clue what these folks live through, I dont feel for them, I respect people who respect me. I accept it for what it is and try to be the best and perceiver to not end up like that. I dont talk sh* in the streets or ppl about topics like this. I deff hope you dont go to SE or Bladensburg and voice your opinion. its ok to have a opinion but this topic is old and you have no resolution you just keep talking.. find a solution, volunteer, I help some of the folks in Langley park boys n girls club md sometimes cuz i want to. You just talking isn’t changing anything. You have to be more street smart and learn how to say something that makes sense without coming off like you dont know.
I actually love DC.

Also, I have already discussed possible solutions to the problem. If you read all my posts on the DC board you will see them. And for the 500th time.. I don't have an issue with poor people. I have an issue with trashy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2016, 03:00 PM
 
Location: todo el mundo!!
1,563 posts, read 941,455 times
Reputation: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
I actually love DC.

Also, I have already discussed possible solutions to the problem. If you read all my posts on the DC board you will see them. And for the 500th time.. I don't have an issue with poor people. I have an issue with trashy people.
if i could read all those posts it would be next year. and you say you dont but it comes off that way in your posts.. you know that right? dont deny keep it 100 and admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2016, 03:33 PM
 
2,696 posts, read 1,714,645 times
Reputation: 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
if i could read all those posts it would be next year. and you say you dont but it comes off that way in your posts.. you know that right? dont deny keep it 100 and admit it.
I have no problem with poor people. Only trashy people. Since a lot of trashy people happen to be poor.. it seems like I have an issue with poor people. But its really just trashy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2016, 09:24 AM
 
8 posts, read 4,893 times
Reputation: 22
Because East Of The River isn't gentrified yet. Once East Of The River is filled with new/renovated townhomes/single family homes, luxury Apts/Condos, and Class A Office Buildings, then DC will be much safer. Many of those housing Section 8 Projects needs to be bulldozed and replaced with luxury Apts and Condos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2016, 09:59 PM
 
584 posts, read 1,076,501 times
Reputation: 1355
It is obvious the OP doesn't even live within 1,000 miles of DC and never has. It's not 1991 anymore. DC hasn't been the murder capital in ages. Truth be told, crime in DC is much less widespread as it is in other cities. Large sections of NW DC are indistinguishable from safe, affluent Chevy Chase and Bethesda, MD.

Also, how can DC be so "hard" and "ghetto" when the white population in DC are some of the softest, most sheltered, most pampered, weakest, prissiest and most passive aggressive white people of any big city in America? There are no tough hardened streetwise white people in DC, period. You don't have the ghetto Irishmen from the projects that you have in South Boston in DC. You don't have the ghetto white people you have in South Baltimore in DC. You don't have the tough baseball bat wielding Bensonhurst Italians you have in NYC in DC. You don't have the unpredictable gang banging ghetto Asians you have in California cities in DC either. The white population in DC are the types who vacation in Nantucket and look like Patrick Bateman and people from the Ralph Lauren catalog. A white gangster from DC is an oxymoron. The only white gangsters in DC are the crooked lawyers, politicians and cops. And these posh stuck-up salmon pants and loafer with no socks wearing white people in DC walk the streets unafraid even while drunk in the wee hours of the morning on the weekends. These types of white people even live in the city's historically roughest neighborhoods like Trinidad.

But DC has a significant amount of crime for a city of it's size because a sizably large portion of DC's population is low income and black and trapped in the ghetto. Just like any large American world class city (i.e. NYC or SF), the affluence of white people and the poverty of black people is generational on both sides of the fence. In DC, rich white people have no interest in helping out ghetto blacks like any other big city. The upside is that federal government allows the DC area to have the largest proportion of upper middle class blacks of anywhere in the country. But individually speaking, whites and blacks in DC don't like each other at all but rather silently barely tolerate one another. White people live under the delusion that the playing field is even for everyone and that they have earned their keep in this world, almost all black people are inherently violent and lazy and that white privilege and the 400 year head start are a figment of black people's imagination. Not to mention, like any big city in America, Uncle Sam imports tons of foreign hard drugs and cheap firearms into predominantly black low income inner city neighborhoods as a form of population control. Seriously, do you really think a 14 year old who can't even afford new shoes can afford a whole arsenal of guns and unlimited ammunition? How does cocaine from Bolivia make its way into the hands of people who don't even have enough money to buy a gallon of top shelf liquor?

Last edited by LunaticVillage; 06-09-2016 at 10:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 10:00 AM
 
2,696 posts, read 1,714,645 times
Reputation: 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
It is obvious the OP doesn't even live within 1,000 miles of DC and never has. It's not 1991 anymore. DC hasn't been the murder capital in ages. Truth be told, crime in DC is much less widespread as it is in other cities. Large sections of NW DC are indistinguishable from safe, affluent Chevy Chase and Bethesda, MD.

Also, how can DC be so "hard" and "ghetto" when the white population in DC are some of the softest, most sheltered, most pampered, weakest, prissiest and most passive aggressive white people of any big city in America? There are no tough hardened streetwise white people in DC, period. You don't have the ghetto Irishmen from the projects that you have in South Boston in DC. You don't have the ghetto white people you have in South Baltimore in DC. You don't have the tough baseball bat wielding Bensonhurst Italians you have in NYC in DC. You don't have the unpredictable gang banging ghetto Asians you have in California cities in DC either. The white population in DC are the types who vacation in Nantucket and look like Patrick Bateman and people from the Ralph Lauren catalog. A white gangster from DC is an oxymoron. The only white gangsters in DC are the crooked lawyers, politicians and cops. And these posh stuck-up salmon pants and loafer with no socks wearing white people in DC walk the streets unafraid even while drunk in the wee hours of the morning on the weekends. These types of white people even live in the city's historically roughest neighborhoods like Trinidad.

But DC has a significant amount of crime for a city of it's size because a sizably large portion of DC's population is low income and black and trapped in the ghetto. Just like any large American world class city (i.e. NYC or SF), the affluence of white people and the poverty of black people is generational on both sides of the fence. In DC, rich white people have no interest in helping out ghetto blacks like any other big city. The upside is that federal government allows the DC area to have the largest proportion of upper middle class blacks of anywhere in the country. But individually speaking, whites and blacks in DC don't like each other at all but rather silently barely tolerate one another. White people live under the delusion that the playing field is even for everyone and that they have earned their keep in this world, almost all black people are inherently violent and lazy and that white privilege and the 400 year head start are a figment of black people's imagination. Not to mention, like any big city in America, Uncle Sam imports tons of foreign hard drugs and cheap firearms into predominantly black low income inner city neighborhoods as a form of population control. Seriously, do you really think a 14 year old who can't even afford new shoes can afford a whole arsenal of guns and unlimited ammunition? How does cocaine from Bolivia make its way into the hands of people who don't even have enough money to buy a gallon of top shelf liquor?
DC is moving in the direction of becoming much more diverse on all fronts as the current "reverse migration" continues. And this is a nationwide thing.. where people are moving back to cities and abandoning the suburbs. Right now there are basically four main groups of people in DC:

1. Upper Class
2. Upper middle class
3. Lower middle class
4. Ghetto trash

This is not counting college students which DC also has a lot of.

The first two groups..while mostly white.. include all races. The third group is the most culturally and racially diverse. The fourth group is mostly Black and Hispanic.. but there are other races peppered in too.

DC is a very young city with a large under 30 population. Most people in their 20's in DC are not "rich" or upper middle class. They are usually people who are working at their first post-college job and living with several roommates. These people often get stereotyped as "rich yuppies" or "rich whites" but they are not. There is a bizarre local stereotype that every white person in DC is well off or upper class. Its 100% false.

As I've said many times before.. the race of the people is less important than the cultural, educational and economic situation of the people. Those are the main factors driving their current position in DC and in life overall. The reason many problems in the U.S. don't get solved is because people focus on the wrong factors (like race) instead of the ones that matter (like education, economics, culture).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2016, 01:33 PM
 
2,366 posts, read 2,015,517 times
Reputation: 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Being black is not the problem. People like Obama and many other successful and EDUCATED black people prove that when you are educated and don't follow ghetto trash culture.. being black is not a huge problem for you. This is not to say racial bias never comes into play in some situations. But bias runs across the board for all people.. women, fat people, midgets, young people, old people, etc.

The reality is that life is unfair across the board for everyone. Some get cancer while others don't for instance. Life is not fair for anyone. But many blacks seem to think being black is the only factor that matters in a human life. This mindset is the "problem" more than anything else.



And I've done a good job of stimulating conversation, haven't I?

I already admitted to being a classiest. Most people are classiest at the end of the day, including you.



Obsessing over the past does not fix the problems of 2016. Time to let it go and focus on what can be improved TODAY.




What wealth did it create between 1950 and the year 2000 when DC was an embarrassing sea of crack smoke? There are many paths to wealth in the U.S. and owning a business is actually not one of the best ones or easiest ones. Most businesses fail.. black or not. If a business needs to be "propped up" or given charity to survive then that business is garbage and needs to fail.

Black owned Ben's Chili bowl is doing just fine. Why? Because its a good business, that is well marketed and offers value.




There is no "black experience". Obama's experience is very different from Will Smith's experience. Every black person is an INDIVIDUAL that has individual life experiences. Just like every other race. Some blacks are born rich, some middle class, some lower class and some in poverty. They all have a different experience.



Hillary ain’t going to do a lick for the blacks? Why does she need to? The attitude of waiting for other people to fix your problems is not healthy and its one of the biggest ghetto mentality road blocks. Its also common among blue collar trailer trash culture. The main difference is they play the blame game rather than asking for actual solutions.

If Hillary was going to do something for "blacks" what should it be exactly?




This is 2016. The past cannot be changed. Using it as an excuse to fail in life is not healthy. Seriously.. why even try if you believe the entire world is against you ONLY because you are "black" and for no other reason? Its simply false and successful blacks are proof of that.

Successful blacks are often disliked by the rest of the community because they take away the "because I'm black" excuse and force other blacks to acknowledge that their failures are mostly because of bad choices. And I'm talking about 2016 not 1865.



Then why are they having kids?



IQ is genetic but every "race" has a lot of genetic variety (Race as we define it in humans is actually not even real. It is a social construct. But that's a topic for another day). The different "races" have more genetic variety than most people understand. This is why you have smart people and stupid people in every race as well as tall people and short people. Some races have more of some traits than the others. But no race is exclusively smart or stupid. Same with height.

Good talk.
Excellent discussion from the both of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top