Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 10:48 AM

7 posts, read 6,642 times

Advertisements

I'm planing to visit US in DC, but I don't know for what the best place to visit in DC. Could you recommend for some places to must visit and do in DC.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 07:36 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Lots to see and do in the Capitol. It's all the way across the country from Washington state, so I doubt that you are coming to Washington state and wanting to make day trips to the nation's capitol.

District of Columbia is very small. Stay out of the bad areas and that doesn't leave much territory to cover. You'll want to see the Lincoln Monument, the Washington Monument, the Vietnam Wall, the National Mall (which is a big grassy park), the Smithsonian Museums, and maybe Georgetown.

I don't think there are White House tours any more, but you can look at the White House from outside the fence.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:22 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Lots to see and do in the Capitol. It's all the way across the country from Washington state, so I doubt that you are coming to Washington state and wanting to make day trips to the nation's capitol.

District of Columbia is very small. Stay out of the bad areas and that doesn't leave much territory to cover. You'll want to see the Lincoln Monument, the Washington Monument, the Vietnam Wall, the National Mall (which is a big grassy park), the Smithsonian Museums, and maybe Georgetown.

I don't think there are White House tours any more, but you can look at the White House from outside the fence.
The "bad areas" are not that wide spread. Its mostly just SE and some parts of NE. There are other areas that feel somewhat "sketchy" but are still pretty safe at the end of the day.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:22 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,807,735 times
well the capital is in SE and thats a place to to tourist things. you can see the pentagon the georgetown the whitehouse the museums the embassys and yah things i did on school field trips nd dont do anymore.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:51 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindapa View Post
I'm planing to visit US in DC, but I don't know for what the best place to visit in DC. Could you recommend for some places to must visit and do in DC.

Thanks
The best place for touring DC is the National Mall. It has central access to the popular museums, monuments, memorials and government buildings.

It is easy to branch out from there.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:40 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,318,351 times
you might want to visit the US Capitol building. there is a white house visitor center https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Columbia.html
here is good online travel guide
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:19 PM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
Also a good idea to visit the neighborhoods, not just the monuments. P Street from Georgetown through Dupont to Logan Circle has a lot of good stops, as does 14th Street north of Thomas Circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC