U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 06:50 AM

479 posts, read 694,304 times

Advertisements

I really hope this isn't true....If they move the stadium anywhere move it back to D.C. not virginia.

$489 Million Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 08:03 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,349,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
I really hope this isn't true....If they move the stadium anywhere move it back to D.C. not virginia.

$489 Million Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium -
If they move back to DC I think the best location would be Buzzard Point as they are building the soccer stadium there and it's right around the corner from the Nats stadium. Navy Yard has really been built up and they don't have the land to build there but Buzzard Point seems to have enough.

I'm not a Skins fan but to me it makes sense to move the stadium to VA. I mean think about it, you have a huge population in NOVA that is nowhere near as transient as DC proper. Also, NOVA is a high income area so Snyder can increase ticket prices, parking, concessions, etc. From a business perspective I would say NOVA is far better than MD or DC for a stadium. Easier access than DC, more well to do fans, higher population, less transient than DC, etc.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:24 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
3,458 posts, read 2,998,808 times
The more that time passes, I am increasingly in favor of the Redskins stadium to move to Oxon Hill farm area by the WW Bridge. Contrary to the thought of easier access in VA, the stadium would be adjacent to National Harbor immediately sitting next to I-95/495, 295, and 210. You already have MGM, Gaylord, shops, restarurants, outlets, a marina, and probably about 3,000 hotel rooms in current existence.

I used to envision a dream scenario of rebuilding at RFK with a retractable roof stadium, but to me it seems like this will take the longest and be the hardest option to get through. Look for PG to make a hard push and try and keep the Redskins in MD. There is no prime site in Virginia (Silver line included) that has the better proximity to all of DC, MD, and VA, than Oxon Hill has right by the bridge, it's almost like the last frontier for a major development in that part of PG. Putting the Redskins 20 minutes outside of the beltway in Loudoun makes very little sense. With the current stadium already being in Maryland, I do not see them making it easy on VA to take them. Oxon Hill is not even 15 miles from most of Fairfax County and right across the water from Alexandria/Arlington, not to mention a straight shot down 295 from the District.

Buzzard point is completely too small to house another large stadium of that size after DC United gets built. So the only option in DC would be the RFK site.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:44 PM

784 posts, read 844,046 times
definitely not virginia.......the traffic in NoVA is already godawful as is game days would create absolute gridlock from I66 all the way to I95. Plus alot of people in NoVA are steelers fans for some strange reason......

If they cant put it back in DC either keep it in maryland or at least see if theres any space in alexandria or arlington (I seriously doubt it.....) Plus a more centralized location means fans from all over the area can get to the game......

And the skins are not a competitive enough franchise worthy of a price hike.....

Old 01-06-2017, 09:54 PM

2,036 posts, read 2,135,002 times
As long as it is not in DC I will be happy. Keep that team out of the city.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 AM

1,563 posts, read 942,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post

makes no sense

Old 01-07-2017, 08:37 AM

12,553 posts, read 18,926,430 times
DC is going to lose out because they don't like the name. Silly.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:45 PM

6,881 posts, read 3,613,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
DC is going to lose out because they don't like the name. Silly.
Yep. I'd like to see the Skins back at East Capitol Street. But the PC crowd would make an issue of the name. And Snyder won't change it. So I'd say the chances of the Skins ever returning to DC are slim to none. Too bad.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:52 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,237,155 times
The Niners play over 40 miles from San Francisco, Patriots nearly 30 from Boston, Giants/Jets in Jersey, no reason Snyder's team couldn't play 30 miles from DC, especially near one of the new Metro stops in Loudoun.

Also won't have to worry about extra traffic from playoff games as long as he owns the team.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:02 PM

12,553 posts, read 18,926,430 times
What's wrong with where they are now? Why do they want to move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or