U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 09:44 PM

3,453 posts, read 3,062,461 times

Advertisements

I mind the cold. I hate driving around. It’s too inconvenient. Feels like it takes longer. I have 2 vehicles. One I left in NC. The other I never use.

I tried to use my car more. But for the most part, it just becomes an inconvenience.

When it’s cold. I bundle up. I enjoy my commute on metro because I generally get a seat for most of the trip. It’s faster. I can use my phone. It takes me everywhere I need/want to go.

For me, it seems like it takes way longer to get from one side of DC to the other part in car vs. metro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 09:18 AM

330 posts, read 111,688 times
If you 'seldom' find Metro packed you are taking it at unusual times in unusual directions. Orange/Silver line to New Carrolton/Largo in the mornings and to Vienna/Wiehle-Reston in the evenings is packed on weekdays. Red line between about Union Station and Farragut North is packed in rush hour both directions both morning and evening. I can't say how theGreen, Yellow and Blue lines are as I don't use them at peak times but I doubt they're half-empty in rush hour.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:01 PM

8,667 posts, read 10,500,155 times
Not half empty on the Yellow line, not getting a seat, but not packed in like sardines either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC