U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 07:52 AM

6 posts, read 2,383 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am traveling to Washington DC with my family. We would like to visit Smithsonian, White House, Georgetown, etc...
I have choice of few hotels, please help me choose the best (in terms of local attractions) and safest one.

1. Hyatt House Washington DC/ The Warf

2. Hyatt Place Washington DC/US CAPITOL

3.Hyatt Place/ Washington DC MALL

4. Hyatt Regency Washington

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 11:04 PM

1,407 posts, read 2,072,152 times
I'd go with either of the Southwest options (Mall or Wharf). Mall property is easiest to get to, but in an office district with little nightlife. Wharf is a bit tougher to get to, but in a livelier area. Also both nearly-new properties.

Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM

3,397 posts, read 3,020,194 times
I’d say the mall. It’s a very easy walk to the wharf. Walking to the wharf from there is very safe and pleasureable. If you stay at the wharf, the metro isn’t as convenient

The area directly by the “Mall” Hyatt is quite dead at night, but you are right there at Federal SW Metro station. Even though it’s dead, it’s complete safe. There are guards at most all the buildings.

Old Today, 04:45 PM

3,284 posts, read 10,465,126 times
More or less what the others said. If you don't mind walking a bit to a Metro station but like the idea of having some restaurants right at your doorstep, go to the Wharf. If you'd rather be super close to a Metro station and don't mind having to walk (or Metro/cab) to some restaurants then go with the one on the Mall.

It'll depend a bit on your preferences regarding walking, but it'd take ~10 minutes or so to walk to a Metro station (L'Enfant) from the Wharf. There is a free shuttle that makes a loop from L'Enfant down to the waterfront, too. To get to restaurants from the "Mall" Hyatt you'd need to walk south through a quiet (safe) residential neighborhood to the Wharf or go north across the Mall (also safe, but quiet at night) to Penn Quarter/Gallery Place. It's also fully possible to walk to the Mall, White House, and Smithsonians from either hotel, so both are convenient. I live in the neighborhood and walk to work by the WH daily, it's very pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or