Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2006, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,077 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I just found this website and I'm looking for some info on moving to DC. I am relocating from WI to DC in a couple of weeks and am coming across the issue of housing. My roomate and I would like to live in the downtown area, particulary capital hill/adams morgan area. We are looking to spend between 2000-2300 no more than that. We did find a nice rowhouse online that is on 3rd in NW DC. When I googled the address it was near New Hampshire RD. I've only been to DC a few times and wasn't exactly in the area, could someone let me know if this is a neighborhood that is safe to live in? Also, any help with where to look or how to approach the living situation would be greatly appreciated!! I'm going to be working at WHC and I know the area around the hospital isn't the best. Thanks for your input...sorry this is lengthy
Happy Holidays!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 11:13 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,393,679 times
The neighorhood is sort of gritty and rough around the edges. It's not the ghetto by any means, but it's sort of working class and largely residential. Of course, I haven't been down there in quite a few years so it's possible it's changed since then, for better or for worse. If you are willing to spend between $2000-2300 on an apartment, you should be able to afford a place in a better more convenient neighborhood like Adams-Morgan or possibly even Dupont Circle. That's a good amount of money set aside, although these would be apartments as opposed to a rowhouse. I'd recommend checking out Craig's List and typing in Dupont Circle to see what pops up.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:16 PM

23 posts, read 97,074 times
Default lived in Cleaveland Park area for 3 years

You may have better luck if you research Cleaveland Park (upper Connecticut) area around downtown is pricey and "dicey." Cleaveland Park may be reasonable although you may have to search for a nice older couple who is renting our their house. It is possible to find a nice little house in CP for less than 2400.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC