U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:46 PM

5 posts, read 162,737 times
Default Toll costs DC to NYC

Hi all,

I'm going to be travelling from North Carolina to Hillsdale, NY in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to figure out what the toll costs are from DC to NYC. It has been a long time since I've taken I-95 from DC to NYC (because 95 makes me want to gouge my eyes out).

Anybody have even a rough estimate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 05:35 PM

136 posts, read 383,416 times
Default $27

We just did this trip in a moving van and it was about $27. A car might be a little less but there were a ton of tolls.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:14 PM

37 posts, read 181,112 times
Take the GWU bridge back in and it will be a little cheaper.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:28 PM

269 posts, read 470,293 times
Default Tolls

Here are the tolls from DC to NYC taking I-95 and then the NJ Turnpike

1st toll is Baltimore Tunnel $2
Next toll is Aberdeen $5 (Northbound only)
Delaware Toll $3
NJ turnpike $6.45 (Exit 1 to the George Washington Bridge)
GW Bridge $8 (cash) (less with EZpass during non-rush)

That looks like $ 24.45

There are ways to reduce these but increase your travel time.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 104,903 times
I'm going from Northeast Philadelphia to Seton Hall University in South Orange New Jersey. Does anyone know how much it would cost to and from NE Philadelphia to Seton Hall in tolls?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:39 PM

57 posts, read 260,443 times
Just as a side note, you will want to get an EZ-Pass transponder. They sell them over the counter at retailers within a 20 mile radius of the toll plaza and it takes the headaches out of the tolls. Plus, it's fun to drive through the express lanes without stopping.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 99,829 times
im making a trip from wisconsin to florida. does any one know how much the tolls will roughly be so i can plan around that?

Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 101,421 times
Hi. I think DC to New York is in the area of $25. I mostly fly or take the train so I don't remember as well. The weird thing about it is that driving between here and New York costs so much, but if I drive 15 hours to Florida I don't have to pay a dime in toll.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:51 AM

711 posts, read 1,693,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me1234 View Post
im making a trip from wisconsin to florida. does any one know how much the tolls will roughly be so i can plan around that?
No tolls until you hit the Orlando area in Florida, or elect to take the Florida Turnpike south to Miami rather than I-95. Stay along the gulf coast and you will have no tolls, other than the ocassional bridge toll.

Oops, I forgot about West Virginia. If you are on I-77 the tolls will be around $5 from Charleston to the Virginia line.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 PM

5,412 posts, read 1,055,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannongiles View Post
Hi all,

I'm going to be travelling from North Carolina to Hillsdale, NY in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to figure out what the toll costs are from DC to NYC. It has been a long time since I've taken I-95 from DC to NYC (because 95 makes me want to gouge my eyes out).

Anybody have even a rough estimate?

Someting like $2 for the baltimore tunnels

then there's a toll on 95 by the other bridge, probably another 2

then delaware turnpike toll, probably 2

NJ turnpike I guess would be 5-6?

then the bridge or tunnel you take.. I can't honestly remember. You'll need probably at least $20 for tolls. The reason i don't know numbers is that I have ezpass so I don't need to pay attention to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC