Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 11,347 times

Advertisements

me and my wife moved to DC recently. She is looking for a job here but in the meanwhile she has to work from wilmington DE. She has to go3-4 times a week.

She drives everytime but it really breaks my heart when she comes back to home and she is very tired. Going by amtrak everyday is very expensive and we can't afford it.

in fact we can't afford either of us quitting jobs either.

Please help with any possible solutions we'll really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 11:44 AM

1,054 posts, read 5,086,339 times
Could you park the car at the end of the MARC line in Perryville and then take the train the rest of the way into DC?

It's a crap commute, and I think 'get a job in DC' is really the only option. You might consider having her rent (as a roommate) a place in a group house in Del. so she could stay there say 3 nights a week and come to DC for the other 4. Not ideal, but it might beat driving (heck, might be cheaper with the price of gas and wear and tear on the car).

Only other idea is to take a job 'downgrade' to get something in DC and then, once here, look for an opportunity equal to her qualifications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC