Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like the Prez? And are you going to the Inaguration?
Yes, Go Obama! (Going to the Inaguration) 27 45.76%
Yes, Go Obama! (Cant Make it to the Inaguration) 18 30.51%
No, No Comment (Going to the Inaguration) 2 3.39%
No, No Comment (Cant Make it to the Inaguration) 13 22.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 AM

1,054 posts, read 5,088,018 times

Advertisements

Obama in the parade is Obama in a car. Over the 20 odd blocks of the parade route he might--might step out one or two times, but in the post 9-11 world that is doubtful.

Add to that the fact the lines along the side of the road will be 10-15 people deep. You wouldn't see much.

I'd watch the swearing in. More 'spectacles' such as the oath, speech, canons going off, etc. If you really want to see Obama in a car, far better to stake out some of the Inaugural Balls and watch his limocade go to those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 AM

15 posts, read 58,089 times
I have two tickets, so my husband and I will attend the swearing-in ceremony. We contemplated going to the parade, but can't imagine that the crowd will disperse that quickly. I guess our best bet is to find a museum and a great restaurant to visit while we warm ourselves. It's a twenty hour drive from Wichita, and while I've vacillated on whether or not to actually go, my husband says that just getting the tickets is a sign of good luck so we'd be fools not to go.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:05 PM

382 posts, read 1,531,249 times
I'm heading for Montreal.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 PM

741 posts, read 2,780,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerBrink View Post
I'm heading for Montreal.
I was just there over the holidays, AWESOME city loved it.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:30 PM

177 posts, read 456,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You forgot to have a choice of "Don't want to be within 100 miles of the place on that date."

None of your choices fit for me. Don't like Obama and want no part of this mess.
That's would be physically impossible. He is the President of this Country...you reside in this Country....You are part of it. Cheers!

Old 01-07-2009, 01:37 PM

741 posts, read 2,780,781 times
Need to get away for awhile???
washingtonpost.com

bye bye bridges!!
Inauguration May Close Area Bridges to Most Vehicles - washingtonpost.com

Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 PM

470 posts, read 2,096,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShrek View Post
That's would be physically impossible. He is the President of this Country...you reside in this Country....You are part of it. Cheers!
You can be a part of America without being a part of the specific mess going on here in a couple weeks.

I believe he/she is referring to the invading swarm of Obamabots who will spend four days clogging the roads, blocking subway escalators, turning 18th street into a round-the-clock river of vomit, and just generally being overbearing and making life miserable for DC residents just trying to go about our business.

Just sayin.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGriffith View Post
You can be a part of America without being a part of the specific mess going on here in a couple weeks.

I believe he/she is referring to the invading swarm of Obamabots who will spend four days clogging the roads, blocking subway escalators, turning 18th street into a round-the-clock river of vomit, and just generally being overbearing and making life miserable for DC residents just trying to go about our business.

Just sayin.
I feel that being you feel the way you do you should petitition that everyone who works/lives there have the day off so you don't have to deal with everything that is going on, rather than put the blame on those of us who are coming to take part in this historic event!

Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 PM

34 posts, read 166,664 times
Whether you like him or not, the people who support him are coming to your city to celebrate in this historical moment for America and all its citzens. A part of American history will be forever changed after Jan. 20th I'm GLAD to be going to witness it!
I say if you don't like it...stay in your house and sleep in for four days until it passes.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:02 AM

470 posts, read 2,096,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle25 View Post
I say if you don't like it...stay in your house and sleep in for four days until it passes.
As tempting as that sounds, it isn't one of the choices offered in the future architect's poll.

That said, I'm doing you one better -- renting my place out and spending the money in the Caribbean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: