Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,418 times

Advertisements

HI! This bulletin just helped me out sooo much! I am moving to DC June 10th-ish. I will check out all the places you guys have mentioned. Also, I would like to share an appartment/condo/townhouse, do you have any suggestions? I posted my profile on a roommates.com website, but I have to wait until somebody likes my 'profile' and emails me unless I want to pay for a subscription. Is it worth it? I'm a 22 year old straight single fun but serious looking for a position as a junior economist. I'll graduate from Arizona State University May 9th. Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 08:02 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Moth View Post
I live in the West End of Alexandria and commute to my job in DC. I sure wouldn't live in DC and commute to a job in Alexandria.

You didn't mention what you'd like to budget for rent, but here's what you can expect:

There are lots of apartments in the Landmark area with people in your age group. The EOS complex rents start at $955. You won't find anything in DC for much less than that in an area such as you would like.

London Park Towers is just down the street and $900.

I'm not familiar with Hunting Point apartments on South Washington on that list, but it's very close to Old Town, which is where the action is, and close to some very nice biking trails.
i second that, lots of 20-somethings in the landmark area. easy bus access to old town 29K and AT8 go right on Duke St and to old town.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:33 PM

549 posts, read 625,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler23 View Post
Hi. I will be relocating to the dc area from far out of state and am seeking help to find an appropriate area to live.

My job will be in Alexandria, VA. So, I would like not to live to far away from there.
I would like to be in a place where it would be easy for me to meet people. I am a young, straight, early-20s male and would like there to be people around my age. I would like to be in a community with an intellectual, artistic, and active vibe. I would like an urban environment where I can use public transportation and can walk to various stores, bars, etc. In addition, I of course would like cheap rent for a good apt.

I know that having all of these together is highly unrealistic, but if anybody has an idea of a good place that mixes these qualities better than others, please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

You won't have a problem finding all that in Alexandria. Very urban, sophisticated area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: