Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 01:55 PM

35 posts, read 142,669 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I wanted to collect information from those who have an opinion of the
neigborhood radius around the Metro Stop at Georgia Petworth?

Is this area under gentrification?

Is there some good shops and restaurants in the immediate walking area?

How is the safety factor?

What are your thoughts on this area at night?
(the immediate area around the metro 1-3 block)

Please comment on your experiences. I am familiar with search the crime report etc. We are looking for more "soft" data on the neighborhood.

Regards,

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 04:45 PM

136 posts, read 578,649 times
Hey-

I live at Upshur and Taylor and really like the area. I haven't had any issues but that definitely doesn't mean there is no crime.

It sort of depends on your tolerance level when it comes to crime/safety issues. There is a new development being built over the station, which will bring a ton more foot traffic to the area.

Domku is a great restaurant on Upshur. Sweet Mango Cafe is right by the metro station and Looking Glass Lounge is just down the block on Georgia. I also walk to Red Derby quite a bit.

There isn't really any retail to speak of by that might change with the new development. The Safeway is kinda of gross but it works. Also, it is a pretty easy walk to Target in Columbia Heights or obviously 1 stop on the Metro.

Overall, I like the neighborhood because it is fairly quiet but easy to get to the action on U street, Columbia Heights or Adams Morgan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC