Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,267 times

Advertisements

So I'm a recent college grad moving up to DC with a friend in July...I'm looking for an apartment that has the following:

-Not too expensive ($1,400 - $2,000 for a 2 bedroom)
-Less than a 20 minute metro ride to the GWU / White House area
-Around a 1/2 mile to a mile walking distance from a Metro station

I've heard from some people that Arlington/Rosslyn is probably my best bet, and that the Georgetown area would be too expensive, but I wouldn't rule Maryland out either. I just need something simple - it doesn't need a fitness center or swimming pool or anything like that (neither of us will have a car either) - just a reasonably priced apartment, in a reasonably safe area, and not too far from the city.

A lot to take in here, I know, but I would really appreciate any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 AM

573 posts, read 2,498,847 times
i've been looking a lot for a similar apartment but my cap is $1400. i don't think you should have a hard time finding stuff in the arlington/pentagon city/alexandria area for between $1400-$2000 because a lot of what i have seen has fallen in that price range. i too am looking to commute to GWU and live walkable to the metro and from what i've gathered, it is possible. hope that helps at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC