U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,746 times

Advertisements

For the past several years I have been the primary wage earner while my husband has been in grad school + Army Reserves. We will be moving to DC this fall, at which time my husband will be active duty Army and the primary wage earner and my income (if any at that point) will be merely supplemental.

So my question is: When completing rental applications, should I use my income records or my husband's? Option 3 would be to attach records to the application that will indicate what our future situation will be, including his estimated income & expected housing allowance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 12:16 PM

180 posts, read 593,743 times
My advice: Indicate what your income WILL be and enclose documentation. When I moved to the area from out of state, I used my offer letter from the job I was moving to in this fashion. I had no troubles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC