U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-22-2007, 05:02 PM

4 posts, read 15,390 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea how long the commute would take from either Takoma Park or Silver Spring to Annapolis? Is it feasible to take 410 (east-west hwy) all the way from takoma park to route 50?

thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 05:09 PM

223 posts, read 799,308 times
I live in Silver Spring. The commute would probably take you over an hour each way.

I would not suggest taking East-West Highway all the way to Route 50. It's a long stretch of unattractive divided highway and traffic lights. I would suggest taking New Hampshire Avenue to the Beltway, and taking the Beltway to 50. While the Beltway will be crowded, more traffic heads west in the mornings and east in the evenings. In other words, you'll be going against the majority of traffic on the Beltway and certainly on Route 50.

Good Luck.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:04 AM

4 posts, read 12,707 times
Default commute takoma park to annapolis

thank you for your help! i'll definitely avoid 410.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:08 PM

198 posts, read 658,055 times
It will depend on where you are commuting to in Annapolis, but, I think it would be a relatively easy commute. Personally I'd want to live as close to the beltway as possible. That would shave a bit of time as well. I think it would take you an hour, maybe even a bit less if you lived really close to the beltway and your job was close to route 50 in Annapolis.

JK

Old 05-06-2007, 03:41 PM

184 posts, read 502,783 times
Have experience with this commute. From a location very close to the Beltway in SS, it was 35-40 mins in the morning, 45 mins-1 hr at night. Traffic was worse on nice summer Fridays because of Bay Bridge traffic. If you can live close the Beltway, it is not bad and traffic is mostly going the other way. 410 is a nightmare, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC