Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:53 AM

73 posts, read 123,736 times

Advertisements

@dcallday... as a white dude, I get lots of black booty. They liked that I kept it real and was honest with people. Unlike, well most of the other white folks in the area.

As a white guy who played sports, who does not have a tiny neck and girly shoulders, who occasionally says something that is not completely on the fence and non confrontational, I too was often frowned upon by the frigid breed of woman that DC is known for (again this is mostly white's.a few asians and all middle eastern women...never latinas or blacks..they like a man to be a man)

You see, to act masculine is a direct threat to the career minded DC white chic, they want a submissive man who wants to sit and listen to hear dreams of hitting it big and writing a book about how she stayed late with the boys and balanced spread sheets. If he comes accross as anything other than a push over, she will immediately end the relationship before she opens up and "gets hurt" by this guy. Again, in many cities its the same....to be "macho" is bad now (unless you're black in which case its called cultural expression to act loud and aggressive...you already know this though, its expected)

DC (white) folks, do a lot of what I call status whoring. Back in the day it was cooler, I mean dude with BMW, maybe had a friend with a yacht and some decent blow could get laid. That's been years though. Now a days, what little testosterone that's left in the DC straight male population (again outside of AA areas) has led to the new status whoring, which comes down to who owns the coolest green car, which guy can do hot yoga for an hour (bonus points if you have a thin beard) , who is into rescuing dogs (bonus for pitt bulls because of breed discrimination) talk about the dangers of Gluten (this is huge for white people..) talk about kale shakes, and lets see..uhmmm know some feminist authors and have at least 8 gey friends. yep then you can get laid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 06:05 PM

219 posts, read 527,467 times
I've been in the DC area for 10 years (college, work) and have never had a relationship. I don't know where this 7:1 girl to guy ratio is coming from but I've never seen it. Ever...except in a women's clothing store. In my experience every girl has a husband/boyfriend, is a hipster, feminist lesbian, or is not currently looking to date (maybe they're just trying to let me down nicely). =)

Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Biscuits View Post

You see, to act masculine is a direct threat to the career minded DC white chic, they want a submissive man who wants to sit and listen to hear dreams of hitting it big and writing a book about how she stayed late with the boys and balanced spread sheets. If he comes accross as anything other than a push over, she will immediately end the relationship before she opens up and "gets hurt" by this guy. Again, in many cities its the same....to be "macho" is bad now (unless you're black in which case its called cultural expression to act loud and aggressive...you already know this though, its expected)
Wow... some fresh meat with a new take on things here... I'm impressed.

I don't have a green car or do yoga so I have to take a different approach. I am finding that what works for me now compared to when I first started approaching last year is sarcasm and confidence with white status types- not necessarily to date but simply on a social level. What works for me is not macho but controlling the situation, given them points by acknowledging their status but also keeping them at base level. For me, I have to keep it light and fun. If not, they try to control the conversation and run away with their status.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin15776 View Post
I've been in the DC area for 10 years (college, work) and have never had a relationship. I don't know where this 7:1 girl to guy ratio is coming from but I've never seen it. Ever...except in a women's clothing store. In my experience every girl has a husband/boyfriend, is a hipster, feminist lesbian, or is not currently looking to date (maybe they're just trying to let me down nicely). =)
Are you putting yourself in situations where it allows you to socialize with women? It's really about approaching and approaching. Whether it be just to be social or with intent but you have to approach and learn what works for you and learn how they respond. Go home and make notes of how they responded, their reactions, what worked for you in different places, times, etc. It is really hard work.

The more you feel more comfortable and understand them, you will be able to approach with intent and actually take your "D" out and let them know your intentions.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:19 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,753,256 times
I've noticed that I have hard time meeting ladies who's in my same education level, and salary level.

I don't think that's what's important, and no way it implies that it's something that discourages me, but I have hard time finding ladies that I can have a fun conversation with. As, I know you are smart, but why can't you relax? Or I know you haven't been out much, but don't push your ideas on to me, because it's wrong.

I don't know. I seem to get along with females that don't talk about work. What I noticed in DC is that all girls likes to talk A LOT. Constantly talking about something or other. And you have the opposite end of the spectrum, where they hardly have anything to say, unless it's related to sex.

I haven't found a wife material in DC... Well, maybe one...

Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,753,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Wow... some fresh meat with a new take on things here... I'm impressed.

I don't have a green car or do yoga so I have to take a different approach. I am finding that what works for me now compared to when I first started approaching last year is sarcasm and confidence with white status types- not necessarily to date but simply on a social level. What works for me is not macho but controlling the situation, given them points by acknowledging their status but also keeping them at base level. For me, I have to keep it light and fun. If not, they try to control the conversation and run away with their status.
LOL you don't do yoga? what's the matter with you. hahaha.

I hate Prius btw. I secretly wish all people who drive Prius have a bad day.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
LOL you don't do yoga? what's the matter with you. hahaha.

I hate Prius btw. I secretly wish all people who drive Prius have a bad day.
You know, maybe I should attend at least one class.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:44 AM

73 posts, read 123,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
I've noticed that I have hard time meeting ladies who's in my same education level, and salary level.

I don't think that's what's important, and no way it implies that it's something that discourages me, but I have hard time finding ladies that I can have a fun conversation with. As, I know you are smart, but why can't you relax? Or I know you haven't been out much, but don't push your ideas on to me, because it's wrong.

I don't know. I seem to get along with females that don't talk about work. What I noticed in DC is that all girls likes to talk A LOT. Constantly talking about something or other. And you have the opposite end of the spectrum, where they hardly have anything to say, unless it's related to sex.

I haven't found a wife material in DC... Well, maybe one...

This is easy...date a Foreign chic that doesn't speak a lot of English.

If that doesn't work, Galudette is right around the corner.

Just go on your next date and go wild. Don't "date" like you are thinking....just date like for you. Go out get yourself drunk, make some suggestive passes, maybe score some blow and have a good time. If she doesn't like it then oh well, you're still drunk/high...but chances are it will be a breath of fresh air for her and you will most likely get laid. And I think you do need to get laid.

Get back to me and tell me I'm wrong.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:25 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,628,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoMD2008 View Post
As a single women in DC for three years, I have heard so much about the terrible ratio of single women to single men in this town, from 2:1 to 7:1. Never in a town that people are so obssessed with this. Do you actually believe this? At first, I did not believe it for whatever reason. But it looks like it is extremely hard for women to date a normal and attrative guy in this town. Most of my girlfriends are either single for a long time or stick with someone not as attrative as they are. Women are so aggressive in pursuing a man.

Does the ratio really matter so much? What is your dating experience in this town? Advice from both women and men welcome.
The ratio is not that bad. It's probably more like 1.2:1. Generally speaking, DC is not full of attractive people in my opinion. It's rare I see well dressed men or women here in the city. Most of the guys dress sloppy (same as most women here) and I don't find many of the women in DC very feminine. It's rare I see a woman smiling or being approachable in this city. Most women in this city are single because A) they have ridiculously high expectations B) the guys in DC have no game so these women don't get approached often, if at all. C) They want to be single because they are career minded.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:51 AM

465 posts, read 658,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin15776 View Post

That's probably because you're not Black. The dating scene for Black men in DC is excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC