Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 04:59 PM

4 posts, read 17,170 times

Advertisements

For the gun play incident? I cant think of any workplace that would tolerate to blokes drawing down at the office. I think they should be charged straight away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 07:24 PM

21 posts, read 64,904 times
I don't understand why Gilbert is taking all the heat. He laid out unloaded guns. Didn't Javaris take out a gun, put a bullet in the chamber, and **** it?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,943,616 times
naw!!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:50 AM

187 posts, read 350,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWicked View Post
I don't understand why Gilbert is taking all the heat. He laid out unloaded guns. Didn't Javaris take out a gun, put a bullet in the chamber, and **** it?
Carrying a gun, loaded or unloaded, into the District is a serious crime. Why should Arenas get a pass because he plays basketball?

Old 01-15-2010, 09:51 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,211,923 times
I don't know on one hand the law is the law. So the previous poster is right he shouldn't get a free pass just because he's rich. On the other hand the gun is a touch strict. On one hand I can't stand guns but on the other hand ever since I got mugged a few months ago I have thought about having one in my car when I go out in the city. Well that's illegal in the District of Columbia where quite frankly you need protection a lot more than you do in Virginia. If this incident had happened in Virginia where Mr. Arenas resides there would be no felony gun possession charges. He shouldn't have done it but this is getting blown way out of proportion.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I don't know on one hand the law is the law. So the previous poster is right he shouldn't get a free pass just because he's rich. On the other hand the gun is a touch strict. On one hand I can't stand guns but on the other hand ever since I got mugged a few months ago I have thought about having one in my car when I go out in the city. Well that's illegal in the District of Columbia where quite frankly you need protection a lot more than you do in Virginia. If this incident had happened in Virginia where Mr. Arenas resides there would be no felony gun possession charges. He shouldn't have done it but this is getting blown way out of proportion.
Stay in Virginia. People who think guns make them safe are a danger to the community.

It's not blown out of proportion, other than on the sports page. Arenas committed a serious crime. Actions have consequences. Adults are supposed to know that.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,211,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSailor View Post
Stay in Virginia. People who think guns make them safe are a danger to the community.

It's not blown out of proportion, other than on the sports page. Arenas committed a serious crime. Actions have consequences. Adults are supposed to know that.
I don't think I'll take your advice I travel wherever I want and def don't agree with the idea of being called a danger to the community. Besides, I don't even have a gun. I'm just talking hypothetically that I have considered getting one specifically for my car. I don't think the gun possession charges should be counted as felonies particular since this gun possession is perfectly legal in his resident state. That's what I meant by blown out of porportion. I'm not saying that he didn't commit a crime I honestly think the DC gun laws are too strict. I was mugged/car jacked a few months ago. If I had a gun in my car I could've defended myself but also would've unwittingly been arrested for felony gun charges. I had no clue about the DC gun laws so at least this unfortunate news has kept me informed.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:00 PM

21 posts, read 64,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSailor View Post
Carrying a gun, loaded or unloaded, into the District is a serious crime. Why should Arenas get a pass because he plays basketball?
I never said Arenas should get a pass. But it seems like Javaris is getting one and I don't understand why. They should both be in serious trouble and charged with crimes.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:04 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,943,616 times
Whether they get charged or not, both of them are gonna do a plea bargain and come off easy.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I don't think I'll take your advice I travel wherever I want and def don't agree with the idea of being called a danger to the community. Besides, I don't even have a gun. I'm just talking hypothetically that I have considered getting one specifically for my car. I don't think the gun possession charges should be counted as felonies particular since this gun possession is perfectly legal in his resident state. That's what I meant by blown out of porportion. I'm not saying that he didn't commit a crime I honestly think the DC gun laws are too strict. I was mugged/car jacked a few months ago. If I had a gun in my car I could've defended myself but also would've unwittingly been arrested for felony gun charges. I had no clue about the DC gun laws so at least this unfortunate news has kept me informed.
Fortunately you don't get to decide how strict DC's gun laws will be. And no you couldn't have defended yourself. The mugger would have just taken the gun too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC