Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 PM

6 posts, read 10,465 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I just graduated in December and I'm moving to D.C. in about three weeks for an internship. I already have a place to live (near the Deanwood metro station), but I'd appreciate some suggestions as far as things to do/places to go/etc.

My internship will be near Dupont Circle metro station. I don't care where the suggested places are as long as I can easily get there by bus or metro. But they have to be inexpensive places! I'm broke!

Bookstores. Cafes. Restaurants. Concert venues for local acts. Art galleries. Bars (I'm turning 21 a week after I get there!). CD/record shops. Thrift stores.

Any suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,951,028 times
I live by Deanwood Station, raised in that area too. but do you know what kind of area Deanwood is?
not trying to scare you or nothing like that but idk.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 PM

6 posts, read 10,465 times
I've heard it's kind of rough? Is that right? I'm not too worried about it, really. I live in the "rough" part of Fort Worth. I'm sure it will be a lot different than D.C., though, but I don't see why I should be too concerned.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,951,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMFW View Post
I've heard it's kind of rough? Is that right? I'm not too worried about it, really.
all the more power to you then.

Last edited by BKmachine; 01-15-2010 at 10:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC