U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 02:04 PM

5,412 posts, read 1,180,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaskar002r View Post
Not to mention the reverse discrimination against men. I am looking for a mail order bride...
I would never do that. Think about it, those are the golddiggers of their nations. They would leave their own country to get a guy with a lot of money relative to them.

Plus, any problem you might have with American women, will, happen with them, becaues they'll be living in America with you. Unless you plan to tie her up and hold her prisoners, she's going to be exposed to US culture..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 02:12 PM

244 posts, read 387,375 times
I have a friend from India...he is so lucky he is getting an arranged marriage with a smart pretty girl from India and a software engineer to boot. She will easily pull in six figures and be low maintenance and wont dump him even if he makes less money. I am so jealous...

Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaskar002r View Post
I have a friend from India...he is so lucky he is getting an arranged marriage with a smart pretty girl from India and a software engineer to boot. She will easily pull in six figures and be low maintenance and wont dump him even if he makes less money. I am so jealous...
You don't know that, and especially since they live in the US, she'll be exposed to US culture.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:23 PM

3,211 posts, read 7,464,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post
What gets my goat is this: women have a problem if A.) the dude is unemployed or B.) his income isn't as generous as hers.
Option A) can be a problem, though there is definitely a distinction between someone who's unemployed because "things happen" and someone who's perpetually unemployed because they just can't hold down a job for whatever reason. I've met a good number of people (of both genders) who are happy to have "internship" after "internship" where they brag about not really having to do anything and just live at home with their parents. Maybe it makes me stuck-up, but that's just not attractive to me. It just seems lazy, immature, and irresponsible. I've had relatives who aspired to do nothing with their lives and would do anything to avoid working, and it's just not something that appeals to me. If you lost your job because the economy sucks, or are interning because you're in school or it's the way it works in your field, that's just life.

B) isn't a huge deal to me. Some fields pay less than others, I'd much rather he be happy in whatever he's doing than bring home more than I do.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
Option A) can be a problem, though there is definitely a distinction between someone who's unemployed because "things happen" and someone who's perpetually unemployed because they just can't hold down a job for whatever reason. I've met a good number of people (of both genders) who are happy to have "internship" after "internship" where they brag about not really having to do anything and just live at home with their parents. Maybe it makes me stuck-up, but that's just not attractive to me. It just seems lazy, immature, and irresponsible. I've had relatives who aspired to do nothing with their lives and would do anything to avoid working, and it's just not something that appeals to me. If you lost your job because the economy sucks, or are interning because you're in school or it's the way it works in your field, that's just life.

B) isn't a huge deal to me. Some fields pay less than others, I'd much rather he be happy in whatever he's doing than bring home more than I do.
I know guys who have been dumped at the mere prospect of losing their job.

I promise you, the average guy doesn't care much if at all about a woman's employment status, but the average woman DOES care about a man's employment status, even if he had just lost his job and was actively looking and was likely to get another one soon. Woemn think "loser!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC