U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 AM

3 posts, read 4,407 times
Default Landmark area of Alexandria?

Hi, all! My husband and I are moving to the D.C. area in mid-June. We've been searching for rentals online and have found a potential place in the Landmark area of Alexandria at Armistead and Beauregard streets.

I will be working on K Street NW in D.C. Will living in this area give me a relatively easy (40 minutes or less, using bus and metro) commute? Is it generally pretty safe?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 11:25 AM

14,829 posts, read 16,890,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcullins View Post
Hi, all! My husband and I are moving to the D.C. area in mid-June. We've been searching for rentals online and have found a potential place in the Landmark area of Alexandria at Armistead and Beauregard streets.

I will be working on K Street NW in D.C. Will living in this area give me a relatively easy (40 minutes or less, using bus and metro) commute? Is it generally pretty safe?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
You may want to post this on the NoVA forum for more specialized replies.

I just moved out of the Landmark area two weeks ago to KY. I lived east of I-395. Pretty much the area to the West of I-395 is pretty shady but not violent. The most common crime issue there is car break-ins. It is also not a visually appealing neighborhood but then again I don't think anything in NoVA is. It is realtively good for location (compared to most of NoVA) but the Rt. 236 and Beauregard area is a major traffic bottleneck and why I think the East of I-395 area is better plus you have more express buses to the Metro (Van Dorn St) or the Pentagon.

I think the EOS 21 apts (East of I-395) are a little better b/c they are realtively affordable and plus you have the shuttle bus to and from the Metro.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:42 AM

9 posts, read 11,271 times
Armistead and Beauregard streets=skeetchy you will not like it there try to stay around king st/395 nicer area than Armistead and Beauregard streets and just a few more block away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC