Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,220 times

Advertisements

hi people

ok so i am going to have an internship placement at the bethesda marriott
starting end august unti lend january
but we need rooms for 6 month rent
but i do not have housing
im from belgium
and two other girls that will be going on internship with me either, they are from holland

so we are thinking of getting an appartment for us 3

we have looked at several websites but they are so expensives and we do not who to trust
we are looking for an appartment for the 3 of us if possible, and furnished (thats the most important thing for us)
preferably near the city center of washington dc and not bethesda
near a metro station too!!!
the three of us are not allowed to drive in the US because we do not have our license for more than 1 year

we normally have housing arranged but three guys fooled around during their last internship
and they broke some stuff so out of the 9 rooms only 6 survived and so not the company decided not to rent the rest to us.
which is sad when we did not do anything

then since we are officially 9 going to the US, the group decided without everybodys consent on who can take the appatment rooms
so now the 3 of us are the left overs without housing
which i think its unfair

us girls have never been to the s-US
and we will not go there until our internship starts due to visa issues

so we can not actually visit places for housing

could somebody suggest us a way to find goodhousing safe and affordabe since we are students younger than 21

i heard that a lot of univeristy offer housing but most of them is for the summer and then you need to buy balnkets and all
so we will be searching to find everything to buy so that is not really the most ideal situation

thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: