U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-10-2010, 09:40 AM

8 posts, read 19,165 times
Default bonney lake?

We moved to Washington last summer. We are currently living in Puyallup south hill. I was hoping to move this summer into a permenant home. I like the sunrise area and the schools over there but i have had trouble finding affordable housing. We found a pediatrician in Bonney lake and the schools seem as good or better than puyallup. Any opinions about Bonney Lake versus Puyallup?
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,166,412 times
Bonney Lake is a clone of South Hill, strip malls, traffic, high density housing, and really not much in the way of entertainment except shopping. There is a large number of low income housing that has resulted in the overall degradation of the area. That's not to denigrate those of who are low income but the general appearance of some of the neighborhoods suggests that some of the folks who live there don't care much for their homes, cleaning up your yard is cheap, but you'd have to care about such things in order to do it.

I lived on South Hill in the late seventies and saw the overdevelopment ruin a nice area, if I was to go back to the south pierce area I'd be looking at the areas further south, Kapowsin, Elk Plain, etc. The truth is that most of washington has experienced some terrific growth that has ruined a great deal of what used to be some really nice country.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 PM

6 posts, read 10,868 times
I've lived in South Hill for over 10 years and go into Bonney Lake occasionally. I agree with jertheber that Bonney Lake and South Hill have some similarities but have a more positive opinion about both of them. Its interesting that you can't seem to find affordable housing here in South Hill but can out in Bonney Lake. I moved to South Hill because, at the time, it was much more affordable than anything I could find in the areas I preferred. (All I could find were fixer uppers or houses in area with a lot of rentals and I didn't want either.)

I don't know much about the schools in Bonney Lake but have been pleased overall with the schools here in South Hill and the afterschool variety of programs around here. My daughter is in college now so I'm not really up to date about what's going on currently. I think there is more to do in the South Hill/Puyallup area than Bonney Lake. It all depends on what you and your family like to do in your free time.

Traffic, especially at commute hours, is a pain in both places. I'm able to get around the worst of it here by avoiding Meridian. I don't know how many options you have in and out of Bonney Lake to avoid 410. 410 is really awful in the icy weather.

Good luck in making your decision! Feel free to ask me any specific questions you might have about the South Hill area. My perspective is strictly that of someone who lives here and raised a child here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington